OK this looks like it is a go.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickm3

Have been hesitant in posting my AVR surgery date since the last one was rescheduled with about a week to go but so far everything is still looking good for the cath on the 4th and the surgery on the 5th of December. The last few days has me wondering if going through this a second time is easier or not. On one hand I know what to expect and on the other hand I know what to expect :eek: . Thanks to this forum I am so much more informed and prepared than last time but also know the added risks with a redo. Way too much to think about.

Plan is for an On-X valve at HUP with Dr. Bavaria

Nick

If the stars line up right and their are enough Pygmies in the rainforest, it will go this time. Good luck and we'll see you on the other side.

I put you on the calendar. The fifth is good, you will be home in time for the holidays and on the way to recovery!

Nick. I definitely think you've earned some luck this time around. It does seem tough knowing what you have to go through, but hey...in 10 years....maybe the drugs have improved!! ;) Heaven knows everything else has!!

Very best wishes to you and keep us posted.

Marguerite

Nick,

You hit it on the head. Repeat surgeries are easier because you know what to expect and they are harder for the same reason. I told myself that, once I realized I survived my second (and third) surgeries, I was not to be unhappy about any of the other stuff. Although the pain was the same and all the other stuff, I found it all didn't bother me quite as much as the first time. I wish the same for you.

Godspeed.

Good Luck Nick

Good Luck Nick

We're with you in spirit, wishing you a successful surgery and recovery. Let us know your progress.

Hope all goes well for you, Nick. Post again when you can and take care. You have our best wishes!

Nick, I know how glad you will be when this is behind you. I've only done it once and I hope that is it for me. I'll pray that your surgery is a complete success. God Bless.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, it is great having a group of people to go to that really understand.

See you all on the otherside.

Nick

Latest posts

Back