OHS Simulation - You be the Surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I killed the patient I think!

I killed the patient I think!

The surgery was unsuccessful and was told to call my lawyer!!:eek:

Oh Boy, that is not easy, and I cant believe our Australian Broadcasting Corporation had it on their web site. Thanks for that.

Jeff.

Surgey

Surgey

:eek: I could never pass ..........ive already called a lawyer (LOL)

zipper2

Well, after many tries I was finally able to complete one surgery so I know it can be done. I did it at the lowest level of surgical skill (Intern). I think the lawyers are the ones who are going to benefit the most from this exercise. Recommend that you complete the heart transplant simulation first to gain confidence, then attempt the OHS simulation. The heart transplant simulation is a lot more forgiving.

It would be neat if they could make a valve replacement or repair simulation, Ross procedure, etc.

A guy I work with in Training Dept told me that they have simulations for all kinds of medical procedures. Much more realistic and very sophisticated. Of course, these simulations cost money.

dtread said:
Well, after many tries I was finally able to complete one surgery so I know it can be done. I did it at the lowest level of surgical skill (Intern). I think the lawyers are the ones who are going to benefit the most from this exercise. Recommend that you complete the heart transplant simulation first to gain confidence, then attempt the OHS simulation. The heart transplant simulation is a lot more forgiving.

It would be neat if they could make a valve replacement or repair simulation, Ross procedure, etc.

A guy I work with in Training Dept told me that they have simulations for all kinds of medical procedures. Much more realistic and very sophisticated. Of course, these simulations cost money.
I found a valve replacement game, on the childrens heart federation. I didn't show it to my son as i didn't find it to be appropriete for a child. Well for my child anyway.

i killed the poor patient immediately...hope his family is as stupid as i was and doesn't sue me, hehe

My patient missed sedation, got up off the gurney and left.

You will still need a lawyer - his family will sue you for not stopping him from leaving and getting the treatment he needed. :D

Latest posts

Back