Now the nerves are really starting...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichardson

I'm supposed to be getting my "medical clearance" to get my dental work done some time today. I had to end up emailing the doctor AND the dentist to get that handled...so I have to get that done first (which I'm going to try to schedule for next week), and then after that try to schedule the surgery for early in the week following that...going to try to schedule the surgery for a Monday...

Nerves really starting to kick in here. Just took a nervous deep breath. Roller coaster of emotions right now...

Completely normal.......I was a wreck...completely asymptomatic...lucky I found out about it.....just passed my three year anniversary last week.
Other than taking my daily meds and self-testing my blood every two weeks..life is the same as pre-surgery. Coumadin..no problem...INR stable at 1.8.

BEST OF LUCK!:Wink:

If you weren't nervous you wouldn't be normal. Look at all the folks here who made it to the other side and take heart in that. Let us know when you've finalized the details.

Thanks! I do have someone I believe to be a great surgeon. Comfortable with her demeanor and years of experience on this. It's just a scary life experience, as it's something I've never been through before.

It is difficult to believe this but for me, the idea of ohs was much worse than the reality. In my imagination, I created many negative outcomes but in reality, have a surgeon you trust makes a big difference. It did for me. I am two months out from my surgery and I feel very good physically. Hang in there.

Amy

Hi

mrichardson;n863951 said:
Nerves really starting to kick in here. Just took a nervous deep breath. Roller coaster of emotions right now...

you're doing excellently ... expressing your concerns not bottling them up ... not letting them run wild but knowing that you feel like it.

Stick you head out the window on the motorway (as a passenger) and scream something to get it out ...

The good thing is, I started keeping a journal about this back in November. I've made several entries in it already. It's on Google Docs, so whenever I'm online, I can just write something. It's been somewhat helpful and cathartic. A good way to get things out. My wife hasn't told our son yet. She's going to wait until a few days beforehand to tell him.

Latest posts

Back