Now it's my turn

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Freebird — I just read your dilemma in regards to your COVID tests! So happy that you are through surgery just yesterday. I can relate since I was also in the Heart Hospital in Austin and had my Tendyne Mitral Valve (Trial) inserted on Thursday, 13th of August. This was my second heart rodeo having gotten an aortic valve in 1999 by the traditional sternum entry. This time entry was percutaneously and so, so much easier, less painful and faster recovering. I’m 2 weeks post surgery today (Kerendi, Dewar and Zidar) and feel so good. I hope your recovery is as smooth as mine has been! Let‘s carry on..💖

It appears I’ll be sprung out from the hospital today! I know I still have a ways to go. This is just the end of phase one.
However, after spending two years with this hanging over my head, I can’t help but think that this has been much less scary than I imagined. I’m so grateful to just be here. I’m grateful for each moment. It has made life more special. Who would have thought?
I’m also just amazed at the care that healthcare workers show. They’re truly super humans.

I am very glad that you are well, a little care in the house do not fall and in one week you will be even better.
Now I walk every day 4-5 km .

Congratulations on your recovery and going home! As noted above, take care on slippery surfaces for a bit, yet walk. I set a timer and walked circles in my house when I got home in early January. My walk had a short flight of stairs and I think I started I think at 4-5 min and worked my way up. I can remember the day, only about 3 weeks later, when I got a ride to an historic downtown area and was able to walk and shop for a good 30-40 min while my friend (driver) got her hair done. The winter air felt so good! And the best was no longer looking towards surgery but away. 🌞. I’m sure you’ll be finding a similar experience sooner than you can imagine.

Congratulations on your recovery and going home! As noted above, take care on slippery surfaces for a bit, yet walk. I set a timer and walked circles in my house when I got home in early January. My walk had a short flight of stairs and I think I started I think at 4-5 min and worked my way up. I can remember the day, only about 3 weeks later, when I got a ride to an historic downtown area and was able to walk and shop for a good 30-40 min while my friend (driver) got her hair done. The winter air felt so good! And the best was no longer looking towards surgery but away. 🌞. I’m sure you’ll be finding a similar experience sooner than you can imagine.
Great advice. Yes, since it's so hot here I'll be walking in the house for a little while. I was told the goal is not to get my heart rate up for the first couple of weeks as my body adjusts, so just walking in the house works for me. I already feel so much better having slept in my own bed! Looking back on the surgery rather than seeing it ahead is a true gift. :)

Latest posts

Back