Now I'm Ticked

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Lyns car alternator died last night. 2nd one in one year. I went and got, then installed a brand new one, not rebuilt, but 100% new so as not to have to change it again. Now I figure for my hard work taking the old one off and putting on the new, I should get some sort of special priviledge. Well I got us food from McDonalds and let her watch her tv until she feel asleep. I then went channel scanning and VH1 had Led Zeplin live on, so I turned the channel to it and was watching it. Only had 15 minutes to go and she woke up and promptly changed the channel to a James Bond movie that she's seen 3 times already this week. Now here it is, 20 minutes later, Zep is over and she's gone to bed, leaving me watching 007.
irate.gif

We have a saying in Canada "Can`t live with them..........Pass the Beer nuts"............Speaking of Led Zep.........My brother was living in Atlanta in the mid-seventies and we had tickets at the Omni for the Led Zep tour the year dear old John Bonham cashed in his chips. My brother to this day still has those tickets. Think price of admission was $8.50 plus tax..........and well a bag a weed and what not.........orange barrel or was purple micro-dot.

We have a saying in Canada "Can`t live with them..........Pass the Beer nuts"............Speaking of Led Zep.........My brother was living in Atlanta in the mid-seventies and we had tickets at the Omni for the Led Zep tour the year dear old John Bonham cashed in his chips. My brother to this day still has those tickets. Think price of admission was $8.50 plus tax..........and well a bag a weed and what not.........orange barrel or was purple micro-dot.

Well we don't talk about the illegal drugs here, sorry.

My wife and I were in line at ticket master when the word came down that John Bonham had died and the tour was officially canceled. We had camped out and been in line for hours, so that was a huge let down.

I'm stuck in the Zep days. They were the best times of my life. Don't get me wrong, I like Rush, specifically Neil Pearts drumming abilities, but John Bonham had a uniqueness all his own.

I was lucky enough to see Zep while John Bonham was still alive and well. I can't remember the exact year (I'm guessing '69 or '70 as only Led Zep I and II were out at the time...I was still in high school). It was at the Montreal Forum. Awesome!

Kind of funny looking at Robert Plant back then. He almost had this gay stance about him. I'm wondering if he's going to stop being an asshat and join Jimmy and the rest of a comeback tour.

OHHHH yeah memories of "Stairway To Heanen"

Danced to it at my wedding Day.

Like "Rain" also got afew of cd's ventuing back

Also went to concert here in late 70's it was great.

Those were bad,fun days for me:p

zipper2 (DEB)

Ross: That is obscene! Who would want to turn off Led Zepplin? I have some of their albums on CD, plus I still have all their albums. Yeah, some albums I could not part with, even after I replaced them. I am a diehard fan and do plan to see them again if Plant ever gets his act together!

gee I was going to say to Ross what I would say my poor DH under similar (but opposite) circumstances "aawwwhhh poooooor diddums"

But I can't let this quote from Ross pass me by, either :

"I like Rush, specifically Neil Pearts drumming abilities, ..." Rush is from St. Catharines, particularly the part of it called Port Dalhousie; I live in St. Catharines, my store is in Port Dalhousie, and I can see "Lakeside Park" from the front door of my store. There really is a Lakeside Park .. and yes, I know, this thread is useless without photos ... but they are not here, they are at the store!!!

you could always try : www. portdalhousie.com

Awwww...sorry you missed out on the end of Zep....It happens to me all the time...hubby rules our TV and always switches the channel on us...then promtly falls asleep holding the remote control....so we are left watching some lame movie or even worse the wrestling and listening to him snoring...we cant even change the channel because he then wakes up and says "Oi, I was watching that!"

Awwww...sorry you missed out on the end of Zep....It happens to me all the time...hubby rules our TV and always switches the channel on us...then promtly falls asleep holding the remote control....so we are left watching some lame movie or even worse the wrestling and listening to him snoring...we cant even change the channel because he then wakes up and says "Oi, I was watching that!"

Isn't there some sort of penalty we can impose on them for this? I mean really, if you sleeping, what's it to you what I watch and if your going to bed, why change the channel, sit for 15 minutes or just until the special is over, then go to bed?

Ross: That is obscene! Who would want to turn off Led Zepplin? I have some of their albums on CD, plus I still have all their albums. Yeah, some albums I could not part with, even after I replaced them. I am a diehard fan and do plan to see them again if Plant ever gets his act together!

A long time ago, I wanted to get the boxed set of all their work. It was nearly $250 then, now it's $55.98 at Amazon. The other problem I have is a stereo receiver that needs fixed. Seems like all of my stuff needs fixed and nothing ever gets done for medical garbage.

Ross I saw that set too and almost bought it until I looked at the price!:eek: I have do have a record exchanger but right now I don't have speakers! Bummer about the receiver. Yeah with medical bills, everything else has to take the back buner

One of my best friends met Robert Plant and his son several years ago. She was working in an art gallery in Chicago and they came in and bought several Indian blanket coats. She said that he was a very nice man, very unassuming and very gracious. He shook her hand and said "Hi I'm Robert." as if he wasn't expecting her to recognize who he was. She spent about 45 minutes showing him different SW art items. She also met Garth Brooks when she worked at that gallery. It was just when he was starting to make it big and she said that experience was quite different from Plant. Not so humble I guess.

We love the Zep at this house. Remember how Jimmy was always the quiet, mysterious one? I've seen him interviewed a few times lately and he almost had diarrhea of the mouth. It was hilarious. That man can play mean guitar tho'!!!

There's a great Crossroads show on TV that's Plant w/ Alison Krauss. They sound amazing together.

That just wasn't fair............15 minutes left of Zep then POOF gone. :eek:

I hope you'll be able to find that show again and be able to watch the entirety.

Good Luck

Isn't there some sort of penalty we can impose on them for this? I mean really, if you sleeping, what's it to you what I watch and if your going to bed, why change the channel, sit for 15 minutes or just until the special is over, then go to bed?

*grins devilishly*

HA HA! A reason to stay SINGLE ... you do NOT have to suffer through whatever your significant other wants to watch and then ends up sleeping through! Woot!

*sighs*

Irony rocks.

Uh...sorry about the alternator.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"This might not be good" ... Chris Cagle ... 'What Kind Of Gone?'

Latest posts

Back