Now I'm Ticked

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is someone in each home who is king of the remote...and in our house if you arent "the idiot who pays for everything" you need to physically hold onto the remote to keep control of it.

My hubby has the same attitude to TV ownership as Karlynn's Dad...he paid for it and pays the bill for Cable so he gets to watch or sleep thru anything he wants even if it is Rocky IV for the 17th time this month!. If we dont like what he has chosen we get to go watch regular free-to-air tele on one of the other TV's.

If hubby is not home and whoever is holding the remote leaves their seat for a bathroom break or whatever they risk losing control of the remote...a bit harsh I reckon! I can be standing at the Kitchen sink which is the same distance away from the TV as the sofa and I lose control of the telly.

I think most of us chose to suffer in silence.

It simply boils down to respect and consideration to each other and to everyone in the house.

It works very well in my house.............the only thing that does get out of hand is the volume.

Personally, I think the remote control was the worse device ever invented!!! :mad:

My hubby thinks the remote control is HIS & only HIS. I'd love to hide it or throw it away but I think there would be a homicide in my home for sure if that happened!!!!
:D

There is someone in each home who is king of the remote...and in our house if you arent "the idiot who pays for everything" you need to physically hold onto the remote to keep control of it.

My hubby has the same attitude to TV ownership as Karlynn's Dad...he paid for it and pays the bill for Cable so he gets to watch or sleep thru anything he wants even if it is Rocky IV for the 17th time this month!. If we dont like what he has chosen we get to go watch regular free-to-air tele on one of the other TV's.

If hubby is not home and whoever is holding the remote leaves their seat for a bathroom break or whatever they risk losing control of the remote...a bit harsh I reckon! I can be standing at the Kitchen sink which is the same distance away from the TV as the sofa and I lose control of the telly.

I think most of us chose to suffer in silence.

This happens to me all the time too!!!!!!!! :mad:

We have two tv's, one in the sunroom where we basically live and one in the living room so when my husband wants to watch something in the sunroom I just simply go to the living room. Sometimes he'll even go to the living room. You have to give and take. Sometimes I'll just go get on the computer, besides I have a small tv in my office too.

Personally, I think the remote control was the worse device ever invented!!! :mad:

My hubby thinks the remote control is HIS & only HIS. I'd love to hide it or throw it away but I think there would be a homicide in my home for sure if that happened!!!!
:D

I have a solution for you! My son did this to us, so I know it works. He also screwed up a bunch of bar patrons watching sports. That didn't go down so well. Get a watch with a programable remote control on it. Aim that sucker at the tv and change the channel to your liking. Just don't do it in a bar where everyone is watching their favorite team win a game! :eek: http://www.physlink.com/estore/cart/QuemexQTV-800.cfm

He'll think a ghost is doing it or suddenly the tv is possessed.

We have two tv's, one in the sunroom where we basically live and one in the living room so when my husband wants to watch something in the sunroom I just simply go to the living room. Sometimes he'll even go to the living room. You have to give and take. Sometimes I'll just go get on the computer, besides I have a small tv in my office too.

Likewise. Sadie dog and I just retreat to the basement to watch sports on a second TV while DW watches "Ugly Betty" or old John Wayne movies, or whatever. This works for us because I can ride my exercise bike and throw the ball to Sadie while we watch a game.

I have a solution for you! My son did this to us, so I know it works. He also screwed up a bunch of bar patrons watching sports. That didn't go down so well. Get a watch with a programable remote control on it. Aim that sucker at the tv and change the channel to your liking. Just don't do it in a bar where everyone is watching their favorite team win a game! :eek: http://www.physlink.com/estore/cart/QuemexQTV-800.cfm

He'll think a ghost is doing it or suddenly the tv is possessed.

Actually Ross; as an example if you have a Sony TV or VCR and go to a bar that uses Sony TV's you can change the channels. My SO does it all the time. Hasn't gotten into any fights yet............everyone has been too drunk to figure things out.:D

I am going to invest in an extra universal remote control ...that will help us out when dad falls asleep on the Foxtel remote!..

Ross...

Send me a PM with your address and I can burn you the Led Zep Boxed Set. Its 4 CDs. I've got a few choice songs on my ipod that I run to. Gallows Pole is one of my favorites.

I gave up a long time ago trying to get my hands on that remote control.
It seems so many think controlling the remote is a guy thing.WRONG!!!
So I also just go to the basement and watch things down there, it's just a little lonely without a dog these days. I hope we can get another one some day soon.
Rich

Our parents made us live a sheltered life. The only concert we ever did get to was Kansas and Mahogany Rush In Pittsburgh back in 79.
We weren't allowed to listen to any sort of rock music at my parents' home; they listened to country and classical and easy listening like John Denver. I did manage to buy myself a stereo before college, and was able to afford a few rock albums (and disco, I confess, although I am a rock fan at heart) like Toto and the BeeGees. I could listen to these via headphones but mostly I had to go to friends' homes. I never got to a concert until college, and there I got to see only the ones that would fit into a smaller auditorium. Still, there were some good ones- Spyrogyra, Modern English, Harry Chapin, Huey Lewis and the News, Survivor, Lou Reed, Three Dog Night, many different jazz and classical ensembles, etc. In medical school, a friend bought season tickets for two, and took me to see many concerts, just for the pleasure of my company! Huey Lewis, Bryan Adams, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, ZZ Top, Santana, Willie Nelson (a good show, believe it or not), The Romantics, a few others less memorable. The most recent ones I saw were Kansas, Paul Revere and the Raiders, and Van Halen. Despite nosebleed seats at the Delta Center in Salt Lake City, Van Halen was the loudest I have ever attended. Our ears rang all the way back from SLC (3 hours) and we couldn't even understand each other. Way too loud!

Maybe we should start a new thread on favorite concerts or bands. Music is therapeutic, whether listening or playing.

Windy in Idaho,
-Laura

Thank goodness my hubby is a gamer. I don't get to watch much TV, but usually that baby is mine! Muah-hah-ha!!!

Latest posts

Back