NOT Feeling well 7 months post operation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraordinary

hello,
i had my 3rd OHS 7 months ago and I'm 24 years old female which choose ON-X valve ..
when i went through the surgery i wasn't the sickest patient and i was healthy enough but i had some symptoms and i had a small baby which i'd preferred to get my surgery over with before his old and wise, now 7 months post operation i feel tired when I walk, shop for a long period which i didn't experience even pre-operation which makes me feel really upset as I'm supposed to be better not worst ! and I've also sometimes experience light headed ! or dizziness even shortness of breath sometimes and blurry vision i can't explain why this is happening to me when everything should be ok !!!
I'm from Kuwait and i fly to Cleveland for my surgery and next appointment for a check up there is within 5 months from now
is it normal what I'm going through ?! is it a phase ? or is it something that i should be worried about ?! any one been there and what did the DR.S told them about it ?

Are you on any medication?
Some medication can make you have the symptoms you have described.
If you can, go see your regular doctor.

Hi, I can't imagine how tired you must be feeling looking after a baby and after having been through OHS. I can also empathise with your feeling upset that you are feeling less fit now post surgery than you were pre surgery becasue that happened to me. I'm now nearly ten months post op and I'm still less fit than I was pre op. I was asymptomatic pre op. I now get breathless on stiars and can't do so much exercise, also get visual symptoms which several of us seem to get post surgery and when that's double vision I certainly feel dizzy. My cardiologist came up with nothing, did an echo and said my heart was fine. I have a really clever endocrinologist who suggested my problems, at least the problems with being breathless and less fit, were to do with a respiratory problem so I saw respiratory consultant, had x-ray and sure enough, there is air trapping in my lungs which cause breathlessness and not able to get fit. What I'm leading to is YES, see a doctor to get thoroughly checked over. Your problems may be due to your heart or maybe something else entirely so please tell a doctor. I was getting fed up telling doctors that I was not so fit post surgery, I was beginning to think they must have thought I was just a complainer and that it was all in my imagination, but I'm glad I persisted and now I'm getting appropriate help.

Hi, I can't imagine how tired you must be feeling looking after a baby and after having been through OHS. I can also empathise with your feeling upset that you are feeling less fit now post surgery than you were pre surgery becasue that happened to me. I'm now nearly ten months post op and I'm still less fit than I was pre op. I was asymptomatic pre op. I now get breathless on stiars and can't do so much exercise, also get visual symptoms which several of us seem to get post surgery and when that's double vision I certainly feel dizzy. My cardiologist came up with nothing, did an echo and said my heart was fine. I have a really clever endocrinologist who suggested my problems, at least the problems with being breathless and less fit, were to do with a respiratory problem so I saw respiratory consultant, had x-ray and sure enough, there is air trapping in my lungs which cause breathlessness and not able to get fit. What I'm leading to is YES, see a doctor to get thoroughly checked over. Your problems may be due to your heart or maybe something else entirely so please tell a doctor. I was getting fed up telling doctors that I was not so fit post surgery, I was beginning to think they must have thought I was just a complainer and that it was all in my imagination, but I'm glad I persisted and now I'm getting appropriate help.
hello
how Are you doing today hope its all good
for me I had to restore my fitenness and my breath by hitting the gym again because after surgery its like we are back to zero and have to work over again for everything from the begining
my breath is fine.. I. still get dizzy and double vision from Time to time with numbness and stabbing pain but those I learned to live with now after 7 years of my surgery with no answers to my questions from al the doctors it a mystery for them that they can't solve and I just had to learn how to live with it

Hi @extraordinary ! I'm still here. It turned out with me that the replacement valve I got is too small for my body size which explains some of the not getting back to my pre-surgery level of fitness. I also had some extra cardiac fitness training one-to-one which threw up that pain I had been getting in my left shoulder which was preventing me advancing in my training was caused by an effusion on my left sternoclavicular joint referring pain to the shoulder, and that would have been caused by surgery.....so I now do some very careful wieght lifting and a lot of walking.

I get double vision from time to time but that appears to be associated with migraine aura which I also got post surgery, but I never get headaches so it doesn't bother me, but when I get an episode of double vision I certainly feel dizzy because of how things look so I quickly shut my eyes to deal with that.

and I've also sometimes experience light headed ! or dizziness even shortness of breath sometimes and blurry vision

Hi.

I'm sorry that you're experiencing these symptoms.

I understand that you had surgery and are doing follow up at the Clevenland Clinic, but that your next appointment is 5 months out. There are a few things for which we are at greater risk for during our first year of recovery and I think it is important to rule out something serious. I would suggest not wating 5 months for an evaluation. Have you had an echo recently? Perhaps you can have an echo done and send it to Cleveland for them to evaluate.

Back