News video on TAVR

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Thanks for posting, Honeybunny. It does sound promising. When I had my aortic valve replaced in 2005 with a bovine valve, I did it with the understanding that I would face another valve replacement in the future. I was relatively young and the surgeon asked specifically if I was prepared for that eventuality. I was. I don’t remember TAVR really being discussed in 2005, and when the procedure first made news, I paid no attention because I was sure it would never be applicable to me. Now I’m not so sure. I still expect to have my next valve replacement by ohs, but I won’t rule out the possibility of TAVR if my current valve lasts a few more years. My cardiologist says that it may well do just that.

honeybunny

Duffey, my cardio told me at my January 2018 check up that I would have TAVR. I thought he was overly optimistic but perhaps not. Only time will tell.
Good to "see" you :)

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
Sixty years ago, needing a valve replaced might very well have been a death sentence.
myself I never forget that (although I did understand you meant the 3rd person infinitive collective we), being one of the early valve replacements done in Australia when I was 10 (1974 IIRC). I recall well all the pre-op stuff I did. I even had to be shown how to breath on a ventilator because they were not automatic like they are now.

I'm very grateful to the people who (by trying to improve the science) got me to live a life beyond 15 years old and grateful of the medical system which allowed that to happen.

Last edited:

Latest posts