Newby

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Y-von

At age 35 I was diagnosed with bacterial endocarditis and approximately two weeks from congestive heart failure. I spent several weeks trying to recover from the infection. I wound up having mitral valve replacement surgery in February of 1998. I have a St. Jude bileaflet valve. I still love hearing it tick, LOL. I'm 60 now and my valve is still working great. I feel very lucky. I take warfarin daily.

Hi Y-von, I too had bacterial endocarditis involving the mitral valve but in my case it was not discovered until I was close to death so they performed an emergency OHS first and then afterwards worried about treating the infection which took another six weeks to overcome. But like you I feel very lucky and pleased with my 11-year-old mechanical valve.

Your stories are so inspiring Thankyou , I to started with meningitis that lead to infected encarditis may 2022 age59 no past medical history.
The antibiotics did not work , I had open heart surgery to have a Mitral Valve replacement and I am now on life time warfarin , I have severe anxiety I am going to have a stroke and can’t stop worrying , and I have had no explanation how And why it happened , My life was saved , but your stories have filled myself with Hope and happiness for a long healthier life Thankyou

I have severe anxiety I am
sincerely, please seek some therapy from that, keep a positive frame of mind and want to get better. Better is clearly defined: better = minimising anxiety not allowing anxiety to control you

1667683673464.png

Latest posts

Back