New Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grassfarmer

New to this forum. Just wanted to see if others who are recipients of a new heart valve via TAVR have had the same feeling of humility coming out from the anesthesia? I did not expect this feeling but waking up and seeing that nothing had gone wrong, my chest had not been opened, I had no pain to speak of and I was here on this earth for another spell made me feel very humble. ......probably just the anethesia??

Welcome to the forum Grassfarmer!

Sorry that I can't help you on the TAVR question, as I had SAVR. Although I believe that I came out of surgery with a new appreciation for life and a resolve to make the most out of every day that we are given. I have a book called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff". I think after surgery I got a little better at not sweating the small stuff, but still working on it.

I don’t know about humility. But I understand the strangeness that is waking from anesthesia. Nurse was updating the white board in my room. She noticed I was coming too and asked how I was doing. First words out were, “Feeling pretty sexy.” I assume my own attempt at humorously acknowledging what a mess I was. Not sure how she perceived it though.

I don't remember that feeling from my MVR surgery, but when I came out of anesthesia for a laparoscopic appendectomy last year, I felt a strong sense of happiness and gratitude. The nurse who was taking care of me in the recovery area told me I was "high as a kite," so it may well have been the medications.

Latest posts

Back