New to list, questions re; mech valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mech. Valves

Mech. Valves

Hello :)
I had 2 mech. valves put in on St. Patty's day back in 1995, at the Cleveland Clinic in OH. They replaced my aortic valve and my mitrial valve with st judes. They also "wrapped" my entire aorta. I guess it did not occur to anyone or maybe I just didn't hear them when they said that the valves would "tick". As they slowly took away all the pumps and machines I was still hearing this weird ticking sound. Finally I couldn't stand it any longer and asked my nurse what that noise was.....[lol]....she sat on the edge of my bed and explained that it was my new valves. Took only a short time before I got used to the nosie. Now I hardly ever hear it. I had no chocie in the matter of what type valve was used, but even if I did have a choice I belive I would have still taken the mech. ones. Because for me the choice between having to have another open heart to replace the biological one down the road or taking a few pills was easy to make.

Merryreader :cool:

I posted some new articles about valves and anticoagulation on the Coumadin forum since that is generally the only one I watch.

Back