New to group

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles612

Hello, I was surprised in 2004 ar the age of 28 that I had a bicuspid aortic valve that needed replaced. First surgery was a bovine valve. Which then I had my first stroke about a week later. Then in 2008 after repeated bouts of pericarditis, I had a pericardial window done.
2010 my second stroke due to endocarditis from a staph infection.
2014 my 3rd stroke due to a strep mitis infection followed by news that I also had a PFO that had been missed for 10yrs
2018 aortic valve replacement with a Edwards Magna 3000tfx along with a PFO closure. One week later I had a cardiac tamponade with cardiogenic shock and had my sternum opened while awake.
Currently the valve is doing well.
I'm on here to hear from others and learn everything I can about others experiences with the hopes that I can find that light at the end of the tunnel again and not remain in this state of feeling alone, afraid and hanging onto "Why me?. I also want to talk to others who is or has felt the way I do with the hopes that my story can help someone else in the same way that I am struggling while being helped myself.

I can about others experiences with the hopes that I can find that light at the end of the tunnel again and not remain in this state of feeling alone, afraid and hanging onto "Why me?.
Hi and welcome

I've had 3 OHS, as you'll see in my "about" and my first was at about 10 yo ... us having this done so young can make one feel isolated (oddly I don't think it did that for me) but you can surely meet a few others who've had OHS from an early age here (and for us as we age life is just about following the path we already now know).

having dehiscence occur must be quite disturbing. I have not experienced it, but a friend of mine has.

Best Wishes

Latest posts

Back