New people, come out and introduce yourselves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nngbwh,Cris,Ross, Thank you for the welcome and kind words. Sorry I didnt reply sooner,I have never been very good at this computer stuff. I would like to post my present situation and get some feedback from you folks but I am not sure which thread to post in. I had mitral valve repair done in November of 2008 and have had a number of problems with it since them . I found out a couple of days ago that the repair has failed and am looking at another surgery. I am still trying to gather all the info, to see where I stand but the Doctors seem a little slow on this matter. If someone could tell where this post belongs that would be great. Again,thanks to all of you.... Daren

Daren just start the thread in heart talk and we can go from there.

Daren,

Sorry to hear that your MV Repair has failed. It would be in your best interest to find a Surgeon with lots of Experience doing Re-Do's. The Surgeons at Stanford University Hospital seem to be quite experienced. Several of our members have had good experiences at Stanford. FYI, you can do a Self-Referal to many/most surgeons. Once they know you have a failed repair and need a re-do, that is all the referal you need! They will want to see your Echocardiogram Report and probably also the actual CD / DVD of the Echo, along with any other tests you may have had such as an angiogram or TEE.

Out of Curiosity, I'm wondering who did your repair and at what hospital.
It would be interesting to know how many MV repairs he does annually and what his outcomes are (in addition to yours).

You may want to start a new thread in either the Heart Talk Forum or the Pre-Surgery Forum.

'AL Capshaw'

Brian, Thanks for the info. I hope all is well with you and that your heart is behaving!! nngbwh, thank you also. It really helps to know that there are other people out there who know how all of this can just grind you down. Ross, I know you have been through a heck of a lot, I pray that things are well with you. I will post in the heart talk forum later this evening after work. Al, I am not sure if its ok to give the Hospital and Doctors name. I myself have no problem with it, yet I am new here and dont want to break any rules before I even get started!! Let me know, ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Well ,back to work.... Daren

Brian, Thanks for the info. I hope all is well with you and that your heart is behaving!! nngbwh, thank you also. It really helps to know that there are other people out there who know how all of this can just grind you down. Ross, I know you have been through a heck of a lot, I pray that things are well with you. I will post in the heart talk forum later this evening after work. Al, I am not sure if its ok to give the Hospital and Doctors name. I myself have no problem with it, yet I am new here and dont want to break any rules before I even get started!! Let me know, ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Well ,back to work.... Daren

Break any rules before you get started? Pretty hard to do around here. Unless your a total fake, then you don't have much to worry about. hehe

I went into Mass General for my mitral valve replacement. It was my second OHS though my first was not valve. I had the same surgeon who knew my worst nightmare was a failed repair but he thought there was a chance for repair. He worked hard to repair it and my surgery was lengthy but in the end, he honored my wishes (in the event he could not do a great repair) and implanted bovine replacement. I am thankful every day he was not satisfied with his attempts at my repair and went ahead with replacement.

On the other hand, many here have excellent repairs and are lucky to have their native valves. That is always the best.

My very best wishes to you, Daren, as you face a re-op. If it is any help to you, I'll mention I went through my second OHS very much easier than the first. I was in the same hospital (Mass General), same surgeon, some of the same nurses and same PA. I knew the moment I woke up from surgery the second one was easier on me and my recovery was more rapid and no major bumps, so to speak.

My best wishes to everyone waiting surgery. It is one of the most stressful experiences we will ever endure. Many of us think the wait is the worst part of the whole business.

I am new, already did and intro post guess i'll intro again and update a bit.
I am Michele 34 (soon to be 35) Have MVR. Scheduled surgery May 10th in Pittsburgh PA.
I am extremely nervous about it, However lurking here and reading all your stories helps me come to realize that this is not the end of the world.
And the joke section is completely addicting.
I dont post much because i am really shy ! Which sounds weird but somehow even though this is cyber world, the shyness carries over.

Michele
Welcome! I can understand the shyness. In most situations I start out that way myself...and then my mouth(or fingers) take over:)
Re pre-op anxiety,what helped me was to put it out of my mind,I had to! I would have driven myself nuts if I hadn't.
Meditate on and expect a positive outcome and it will be so.

hi barbjean, chele, and daren.
welcome back aussie girl and denobobeno!
i'm so sorry to hear of all your hardships. this is one of the best places to come for support, information and just plain hand-holding.
please call on us anytime; we're here for you.
be well,
sylvia

Welcome to all.... I myself have not been around for most of the past 6 weeks as I've started a new job and now very busy. AND... 7 months out from my OHS and feeling very good. I agree with an earlier post, once you start putting yourself out there, it is a lot easier. Just start with an introduction, a hello or a question... there are no stupid or dumb questions. Really !!!

... there are no stupid or dumb questions. Really !!!

That is so true..........cause I already have and continue to do so and this cyber family still answers them LOL

Welcome aboard everyone. We don't bite, Bina might slap you and Cooker might give you a snickers bar if he's willing to share, but please don't be shy on asking anything that's on your mind.

That is so true..........cause I already have and continue to do so and this cyber family still answers them LOL

Welcome aboard everyone. We don't bite, Bina might slap you and Cooker might give you a snickers bar if he's willing to share, but please don't be shy on asking anything that's on your mind.

A little game of "slap and tickle" keeps people sharp. ;)

Well.....most anything. Then again.....yea......anything. In one form or another we've asked and posted darn near everything. In fact, I believe that one of Cort's thread has been deleted because of his date on April10.

Nope, it's still there. Leave it to Cort to turn it into a sex thread. hehehe

HI ALL NEW PEOPLE,
You wont be sorry for finding this great place Hank founded
My 1st surgery 18 years ago i wasnt able to be here,but my
2nd surgery over year ago i was here and still am here i don't
have alot of time on my plate to yak,but i get the chance to read
and keep up this way,on whats going on,but i do get out @ play
even if i can only read,im up late here in Canada it's 1 o'clock am
so (hey i have some time to talk;);) seems only time lately;)

But it's a great place to hang out @ we have alot to relate to
with each other ....so don't be shy come on out and mingle
With my work @ play at home and everyone working,i have been
mingling less in yak,but i do come here often.

A BIG WELCOME TO NEWBIES THAT JOINED
HELLO TO ALL AND WELCOME ABOARD OUR SHIP WE ALL HAVE OR
ARE SAILING:D

Back