New Non Invasive Treatment for Aortic Stenosis

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ps: if the ultra sound flakes it off, I wonder where it goes ... "away?" (in a closed circulatory sysetem). In TAVR there is a net deployed by the catheter to catch those chunky bits

ClaretMedicalSentinelEmbolicProtectionDeviceTAVRDebris.jpg

https://www.dicardiology.com/conten...n-system-reduces-tavr-strokes-more-60-percent

Interesting that they're pursuing this.

Pellicle, urgh to the chunky bits--seems they would certainly need to capture the "debris"!

I'm also thinking of how misshapen valves become as they calcify.

I'm also thinking of how misshapen valves become as they calcify.
and what the mechanism is for calcification. People generally think of a valve as some sort of tissue like skin, but actually its very different. A good read
http://circres.ahajournals.org/content/113/2/186
Glycosaminoglycans dominate the middle spongiosa lubricating layer, allowing the outer layers to slide easily over one another during leaflet motion.​
...​
The variations in the composition and distribution of matrix components in each layer of the valve lead to measurable layer-specific variations in mechanical properties. Stella and Sacks6 characterized aortic valve layer elasticities via microdissection and biaxial mechanical testing. They found that the collagen-rich fibrosa, the elastin-rich ventricularis, and the glycosaminoglycan-rich spongiosa made up 41%, 29%, and 30% of the whole aortic valve tissue, respectively. This work also demonstrated that most of the structural integrity of the aortic valve is supplied by the fibrosa because the intact valve and separated fibrosa both displayed abrupt increases in tension with small loads when tested biaxially, whereas the ventricularis exhibited a compliant equibiaxial behavior.​

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It would take some strong evidence to convince me.

Until there is such evidence, I think that you should combine it with wearing a tin hat, crystals over both wrists and gently humming.

If it turns out that it works (and is safe) then I will post a photo in my tin hat and crystals.

If it turns out that it works (and is safe) then I will post a photo in my tin hat and crystals.
a mate of mine used to sell crystals to absorb the radiation from CRT monitors, now that its all gone TFT LCD he's got a supply ... I can put in touch if you ever need a supply of "new age" stuff ... maybe some negative ion generators (for increasing the rooms ozone levels)?
put you down for a dozen?

a mate of mine used to sell crystals to absorb the radiation from CRT monitors, now that its all gone TFT LCD he's got a supply ... I can put in touch if you ever need a supply of "new age" stuff ... maybe some negative ion generators (for increasing the rooms ozone levels)?
put you down for a dozen?
Sounds great

Interesting technology, but like others, I wonder where the calcification ends up. Can the body automatically pull the particles from the bloodstream? What if they're large, could they cause a stroke? Then, of course, there is the long term issue of how long will the cleaning last? Will the cleaned leaflets be subject to a faster degradation, which would mean periodic cleanings?

That article on calcification, etc., goes deep. The interrelated aspects that contribute to the disease appear verrrrrry complex! And clearly it's above my pay grade, to comprehend, without taking a good deal of time to parse out the terms and dissect the sentences. :) But it looks like a great resource for someone inclined to dig down into it!

Last edited:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It would take some strong evidence to convince me.

Until there is such evidence, I think that you should combine it with wearing a tin hat, crystals over both wrists and gently humming.

Don't forget infusing everything with this decade's miracle element - copper.

That article on calcification, etc., goes deep.
it was interesting wasn't it ... even with a background in the area its still a solid read ... I love how the body (even something as apparently simple as a set of 3 flaps) is such an amazingly complex nanomachine

indeed ... however the two things are quite different phenomenon (as I'm sure you're well aware) and so I'd be curious about the method. For instance one variation is that gallstones are not then inside the circulatory system, and another is that gallstones are independent free (if trapped) things, not attached to a tissue.
Perhaps not unlike kidney stones in this approach to treatment.

Interesting, I’d wonder about overdoing and ending up with regurgitation. That’s the risk with balloon valvuloplasty, which I had in my calcified, stenotic mitral but is rarely done for aortic valves. Nice that people who can’t survive ohs have a new option.

I've seen ultrasound used for stones, like gallstones and kidney stones, as others have mentioned. Where I see the difference is that both of the aforementioned systems are "open" systems, which have the ability to pass the debris outside the body. As mentioned, I wonder where the valve debris goes. . .

I'll watch this one, but as @pellicle noted, my next issue may not be classical stenosis, as I already have a bio-prosthesis. I would expect a somewhat different failure mode.

Latest posts

Back