Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goffrey

Good morning,
I am 25 year old male born with Pulmonary Atresia with vsd. I underwent my 7th heart surgery on January 19th at Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. I had my pulmonary valve replaced, a small vsd closed, my tricuspid valve repaired and 2 pulmonary stents enlarged.

Currently I am on warfarin for 3-6 months to prevent a possible clot forming in my new porcine valve. This would be the first surgery I have undergone where I have been put on warfarin. In the past it was always just aspirin but according to my surgeon at Mayo Clinic recently they have decided even with animal tissue valves there is a mesh ring that supports the valve that puts patients at enough of a risk of blood clots to warrant putting them on warfarin until the tissue has grown over the mesh. Unfortunately I am also on a life long regimen of Fluconazole for a past episode of fungal endocarditis and warfarin and Fluconazole do not "play nice together" which is making getting my levels tricky.

I look forward to reading everyone's experiencing and gaining some knowledge and sharing what I can as well to assist anyone.

Tyler

Latest posts

Back