New member!! Sinus Arrythmias in patients with BAV

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmprosser.lab

Hello all!

This is my second post to this amazing forum. I am 27 year old male with BAV(mild to moderate regurgitation), a 3.6 dialated root and sinus arrythmias(we think)... I joined this community after months of anxiety and panic attacks controlling my life! It happened at a bad time(just moved to LA to work for ICM Partners)... I got a good bit of re-assurance on my last post and am hoping to find the same luck here!

Since I was a child I have had "episodes" where my heartbeat gets triggered and shoots up--beating consistantly by much faster. Cardiologists never seemed too worried about them and It hasn't ever really been a hinderance or bothered me until this recent fight with anxiety and panic attacks somehow made me much more aware/scared of them.

One of my first panic attacks came after I did WAY too much googling and convinced myself I had AFIB. My cardiologist told me that after getting an echo, ekg, stress test and 24-hr monitor that we would be able to tell if I had AFIB or something else dangerous...and that's EVEN WITHOUT me not having one of my "episodes" during testing. Does this sound logical?

I just have occasionally seen people who die of arrythmias and I'm probably being irrational but was surprised my dr. didn't want to do additional testing to get an officail classification.

I'll describe the episodes below:
+ They happen in-frequently--sometimes multiple in a week, sometimes i go a couple weeks without any.
+ They last seconds or a couple mins mostly, but in the past have had episidodes that lasted 5 to 10 mins.
+ They occur typically at night in bed, laying down, from sudden/awkward change of posture, or drinking coffee/alcohol, from stress/anxiety.

I'm sure if these things were doing damage to my heart, or could possibly do damage in the future, my drs would be more actively trying to name these..Correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Josh

Josh, i posted something in your "guest profile" Arrhythmia"s are common, so is AFIB, there are many ways to treat this, your upcoming tests will clarify for your medical team what coarse of action to take.

Latest posts

Back