Quantcast

New Issue - Might be a "Show Stopper" for me

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

epstns

Premium User
VR.org Supporter
I think things have gone from bad to worse - at least for me. Now, whenever I try to post, I compose a response to a thread and click "Post." I then see the yellow "Working" tab toward the top of the screen. But it all stops right there. I can't do anything else, and even after several minutes the action has not completed. Once I finally lose patience and log out of the site, I can re-open the site and I find that my post has "posted." Sometimes, I cannot even re-open the site - it just freezes.

Hank - Can you find us any help? It is getting to the point where I just don't have the time or patience to be of any active help here anymore.

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
I've been getting those problems too Steve. And the day before yesterday my post said it was "working" and then didn't post, yet when I tried to re-post it said I'd already posted. I waited till the following morning and my post was not there. I took out a link that was in my post and hey-presto my post showed. But everything is still so slow and frequently I get a message that there is a "critical error" and technical difficulties on the forum and to try latter. I'm getting too exasperated. None of the other health forums I'm on has these problems, and certainly this forum didn't have these problems before the "upgrade".

dornole

Would trying a different browser help at all? It's been working reasonably well for me in Chrome. . .

I sure hope this can be fixed because the site is very helpful and those of you who have been through it make it so.

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Steve,
That is exactly what happened to me too, yesterday! I hope and pray that Hank can get this resolved soon. Today seemed to be a better day. Very weird...

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
Steve

Same problems this end. Try using Chrome as the browser (if you are in a Mac then ignore that, they use the same engine).

As I posted at the beginning of this upgrade there remain major flaws with vBulletin and these are unlikely to be resolved. I firmly believe it was a grave mistake to upgrade to it, and having been involved in major corporate portal upgrades know first hand that the process is fraught, the stakeholders are Sheldon satisfied and things seldom get better. The nonsence about hack attacks as the upgrade reason is usually "security by obscurity" and seldom better security (often worse since the attackers discover the vulnerabilities of the new system).

I hope the site survives this, but Hank seems disengaged.

Fingers Crossed

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
pellicle;n849777 said:
Try using Chrome as the browser (if you are in a Mac then ignore that, they use the same engine).
I use a Mac and have these problems. I've tried using both Safari and Firefox on my Mac. I have also tried using a different Mac. Same problems.

tom in MO

Funny thing i read your thread title in the daily list and thought steve had some new difficulty. : )

epstns

Premium User
VR.org Supporter
Sorry about the ambiguous thread title, folks! I was just frustrated and not thinking. . .

I'll see if I can try Chrome, but since I'm often at a "corporate" machine, that may not be an option (if the IT department doesn't want to support it). Oh, I forgot, along with a bunch of other things, the IT department reports to me. Never mind. . .

Hank

VR.com Founder, Now just a Member
VR.org Supporter
Same issue for me folks. I have been working to fix it. I found one of the database files that was corrupted and fixed that last night. I think.. Would really be nice to have a professional who knows SQL.. but I do not.. doing all I can as fast as I can..

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
VR.org Supporter
Hank, I appreciate all your hard work. I'll be sticking around. Hey folks I'm pretty sure this is not a full-time gig for Hank. He has a family and work, let's not forget that fact.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
Hi

Hank;n849869 said:
Same issue for me folks. I have been working to fix it. I found one of the database files that was corrupted and fixed that last night. I think.. Would really be nice to have a professional who knows SQL.. but I do not.. doing all I can as fast as I can..
I have offered before and I will offer again ... if PM worked I'd PM you with the offer so that I know that you are seeing it and not just choosing to decline my offer to help. Email me at my username @ gmail if you wish to.

dornole

Honestly, this site could operate on a Pony Express platform and still be so informative and reassuring to me. I truly believe it is going to help me get better care and the best chance of a positive outcome. I really appreciate all Hank's work as well as the generous responses and rich content everyone has contributed here.

hensylee

The site will be worked out. I joined in 2001and we've gone from email format to this via several updates. Eventually it becomes good again. Just gotta be patient. This site is far too important to valve patients for.it to go down
. Even w i thout our dear Ross. Hang in....

MrsBray

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
This site was invaluable to me through my process of diagnosis, waiting, surgery, recovery, and I'd really like to return the favor of advice, sharing experiences etc, but th new format just seems not as friendly to me. I haven't been on here nearly as much as I'd like because I, too, get frustrated with waiting and error messages, and simply go on to something else. :(

BlindFaith

Hank - I can help. I've sent multiple messages via PM, but maybe that is not working. I have been in both IT and Engineering organizations for 40+ years. And I still work side by side with experts in both web technologies and databases. No matter the issue, either I can help or I know someone that can.

Please let me know what I can do to help...

Dan

Latest posts