New here

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

ok so on February 14 I was diagnosed with bav and with mild to moderate leaking and my left ventricle is enlarged but I used to be really big but I actually lost about 150 pounds and he said that they see bigger hearts when people lose weight or should I say that used to be bigger people and I also have a small leak in my mitral valve my questions I have are sometimes I will get this chest burning or pain and sorry I am 27 my dad died of a massive heart attack at 52 so my other question is he said that usually they like to get a Ct to make sure there isn't an aneurysm he said that he could see on my echocardiogram that I didn't have one should I just take that as a great news or should I be worried that they didn't do a ct thanks

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of support here. Before I answer your questions I'd like to suggest that you use some punctuation when you post. It is difficult to follow what you are saying and asking because there are no periods or question marks.

I would think that if the echo did not show a aneurysm that you should take that as good news, but others here who have had aneurysms can give better opinions on that. The important thing is to work with your cardiologist and take his/her recommendations for further testing. Regarding the burning pain in your chest, have you been diagnosed with acid reflux? If your cardiologist rules out any heart-related issues with the pains in your chest, you might want to make an appointment with a gastroenterologist. I have acid reflux and will get that burning painful feeling if I skip my medication.

And last but not least, congratulations on your weight loss! That is a tremendous accomplishment! You might want to visit the thread "Staying the Course" and give some of us encouragement as we battle our own weight issues.

Michele

Thank you It took a lot of work to lose that much weight much hard work. So should I feel tired a lot? And what are are some of the symptoms I should look for and report right away.

I was told to watch for dizziness in particular. I had shorteness of breath and was told to let the doctor if it got worse. Did your doctor discuss surgery at all?

No he said he wants to do a echo in year and we will discuss then but the only syptoms I get our heart palpitations and really lightheaded sometimes but each day is deferent deffentily

Not sure what "small" means . . . "trivial" leak is basically nothing, then you can have moderate, moderate-severe or severe

I've been at moderate-severe for a few years now and no real problems.

For sure go back for your echo in a year though. Did they give you an explanation for the palpitations or the burning? (agree burning could be reflux, palpitations could be too much caffeine, stress or a number of things)

If they run a CT scan, make sure they run it on your coronary arteries also to check for calcification there.

I also lost a lot of weight, though not so much as you (60 pounds). I was 60 pounds overweight and had been obese for maybe 4-6 years. The coronary CT scan finds your Coronary Artery Calcification (CAC) score, which should be a zero for as long as possible and usually will be until a man reaches his 50s.

Mine was 156, in the worst 1% of scores for a man my age.

This score is the best single predictor of how long a person will live, barring diagnosis with a terminal disease.

There are a few things you can do to alter your progression trajectory. Submit to eating nothing but water and leaves as per the Esselstyn diet, and also take aged garlic extract.

Latest posts

Back