new Ga residents

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Miss SS arrived in Sharpsburg Friday night a 9 pm and was not impressed at all. first, the only car rides she ever had were to the vet and that's what she was expecting. eventually her eyes reduced from plate size to normal and she enjoyed scenery, then it got dark and she enjoyed the lights along the highway. just before we got here she was dropping her chin to her chest, wobbling back and forth, nearly asleep. THEN the s*(( hit the fan when she was greeted by two barkers and one tiny rat dog. she has hidden in the bedroom on a blanket ever since then, visited the fenced yard twice today - back to the blanket. Today she gave in and ate two hot dogs, some cookies and a few dog treats. but she's back on the blanket.

we arrived safely after packing a truck in DFS. two Mexicans were hired to help do that - they are truly hard workers - when hiring, I requested them for that reason. Gson speaks spanish so there was some understanding. took us from 4 til 9 with two stops. arrived, went straight to bed. I was glad to see the last of my country home. it was quite a toll packing, getting all the business done, parting from the great gchildren and now I am simply tired, but with the grace of the Lord, it is finished and everything fell into place so quickly, it was surprising, and soon as we are all settled down and I am rested a whole new life will open. how exciting. brought my car so might drive here some day - or not.

hope all y'all are doin well.

Blessins......

Congratulations Hensy....

Congratulations Hensy....

Ole Harrybaby is sure glad to hear that you arrived safely at your new home and wishes you nothing but joy and happiness!!! Hugs, Blessins, and everything else that goes with it.:D:D:D

After driving through GA on I75, I've come to the conclusion that Georgia is the United States. Lord that is a long drive through that state.

I'm happy your there now and can begin to open a new chapter in life. I still can only imagine how hard it was to leave your old home. I know I've been in this house since birth and have only left for around 16 years before it became mine alone. I may not be able to keep it much longer and it's heavily weighing on my mind. It isn't much, but it's home.

Ann,
Your enthusiasm in opening a new chapter in your life puts a big smile on my face.:) Bonnie must be so pleased to know you are in the Peachtree state and will probably be directing your social calendar via long distance . . . . better rest up now.;):eek:

Great to hear from you Ann. Hope you are settling in ok! Sounds like a long drive. My daughter is moving to GA for a year in March. So will be traveling there next year maybe in May. Will try to get up with some of the GA. VR group. :) Keep you posted.

Welocme to your new home and life. I love Georgia. I was born here and then moved to Calif. when I was about 13. Spent about 20 years in Calif, and then came home to Senoia to live forever I hope.

brought my car so might drive here some day - or not.

Glad that you took your car...
http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/200711/RT11280703_AnnWbuicks_JPG.html

...with you, Ann!

Drive, I say. I understand Georgia has some awesome "back country roads"....

Glad you are settling in. Definitely good to see that you are so upbeat about this move.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...radio show, Dec 09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's snowing in the pines" ... Alabama ... 'Christmas In Dixie'

it is really great to be here and such fun! something going on all the time. G sons moved home earlier this year, one of them bringing his 15 y.o. daughter, so we are six in the family with a very wide age range. They are a busy family constantly.

The addition is coming along. SS has come out of the bedroom and right now she's lying on the carpet with those OTHER dogs! We are getting rested and I am told not to do anything at all. And there are guys around if a jar needs opening!

I don't miss DeFuniak but glad of the time there. LOTS of good memories. There were some really unpleasant things there, too, as some of you know. But every day is onward and forward and we are enjoying it all.

Bonnie has known all along that MiSS SS and I were headed her way - we had a conversation about it. Maybe one of these days we will take a ride her way and I'll give her greetings from all of us at VR.

Thanks everybody.

Latest posts

Back