New Crisis For My Family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross said:
The doctor is supposed to call me this morning after seeing her. He was in and gone already. Lyn just called. They're moving her to another floor and have another catscan scheduled. She said she stopped asking for morphine and is trying to deal with the pain. Said the morphine was giving her a bad headache. I guess he mentioned possible discharge over the weekend, but I won't speculate until I talk to this guy.

As far as the Hospital Low income program, we missed qualifying for it. They have another program that we will qualify for, but the best it does is a discount on services up to 60%. It's based on income and at this point, we don't know where were going, but have to live off the checking account and my disability. (Stop laughing Harry, I know you know that's a joke!)

I wish I knew more, but I don't right now. I hate knowing there is a nuclear weapon hanging over my head, but not knowing exactly how badly it's going to wipe me off of the map.

Believe me Ross, I am not laughing...I know just how hard it is to live on what we get. I am not doing well at all myself actually, and as I am dealing with my own mess, I am wondering if, and praying that you do make out ok. Harrybaby
:D :( :( :D

Ross,
I havn't been around much lately and then I visit and read your story.
I'm so very sorry, niether your wife or you deserve this after all youv'e been through.
Please accept my best wishes for both of you.
I really hope there is a positve outcome for your wife.
Believe me if I win the lottery I'll be knocking on your door.
Rich

Harrybaby666 said:
Believe me Ross, I am not laughing...I know just how hard it is to live on what we get. I am not doing well at all myself actually, and as I am dealing with my own mess, I am wondering if, and praying that you do make out ok. Harrybaby
:D :( :( :D
Just checking to see if you were paying attention. ;) Heck I've had people tell me to quit complaining about what we get to try to live on. Funny thing is, these people haven't gone on Social Security yet. I can't wait until they do and start whining to me about what they can and can't afford anymore! :mad: They'll find out, won't they?

Update for today-Lyn was moved this morning, so she's no longer on the monitor. They did another catscan and I was able to talk to the Doctor this evening. He said the kidney is far from any stretch of the imagination toward looking any where near right. At this time, they cannot tell if it's even functioning, but do have the kidney cathed and a stent put in where the blockage is. He wants to give it another 48 hours and see if things improve. We are not out of the woods.

Lyn is getting up by herself, no longer wants morphine, but is still in pain. She's having short term memory problems which I'm sure because of all the morphine over the last 3 days. She was upset tonight. For the first time, she has now experienced the fright and fear of having your mind messed with and being alone. She broke down and cried and told me she feels so all alone and that no one is telling her anything. BOY OH BOY could I ever relate to that! I'm sure many here can too. She's never been hospitalized in her whole life. This is all new to her. She now knows why I wanted her there for me all the time. Hard way to learn. Not to sound sadistic, but I'm somewhat glad she now has the experience. As all of us know, this is not a good or fun feeling.

Well that's where we are thus far. It's still looking like the kidney is going to have to come out, but we're still in hold mode waiting to see signs of activity and further reduction in White cell count. Red cells are improving steadily.

Boy, can we ever relate to her feelings.

I know what you mean about the feelings of your spouse finding out first hand what you went through. It's not that you hope and pray for something to happen to them, but it's kind of a relief that they finally will have first hand knowledge and new light is shed. It's not a happy feeling, but just a small, strange sense of relief. It's one more thing you share.

You both will continue to be in my prayers.

Good Luck

Good Luck

I haven't posted in a long time but I had to tell you how concerned I am for you and your wife and wish you the best.

Fred

Sending prayers............

Sending prayers............

Oh, Ross, I wish there was something we could do for y'all. I have been out of the loop for a while (wallowing in self-pity again; long story) and just read everything in one fell swoop. I am so glad to hear that Lyn is feeling a bit better, but your last two posts really made me cry. I will never, ever understand.........at least in my human form........why some of us are tested again and again! I know that we are not supposed to get dished out to us more than we can handle, but DAMMIT! I'm tired of handling it...........and I know you are, too. Guess we are just securing our places in Heaven.........sigh! You have my love and prayers. Please keep us posted..........and if you think of anything we can do, just holler. I sure wish I lived closer to Ohio......... Sending hugs. Janet

Ross,

Sorry to hear about your situation. Please know that Michelle and I will be praying for you!

Dont forget, we live only 2hours away! Dont hessitate to ask for anything! we will be there!

God Bless
Jeff

Ross I am so sorry to read this bad news. I've been in the middle of co-ordinating exams at the Law School so I haven't had time to post. Today I've read all the posts and updates you have provided.

I have my stepmother with scary health issue right now, many blocked arteries, a friend who just had a brain tumor removed ( don't know if it was maglignate yet) and another friends daughter who had her spleen removed and now her lymph nodes are swelling up. I can't believe I know all so many people with critical health issues right now. Sometimes thing just pop up out of the blue!

I was glad to read that can't take your house. Yes, there are many programs out there, if you qualify. I know it's the stress of having to deal with it all that can drag you down. Stay positive and stay strong! We all care deeply.

You, Lynn and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything let us know. We're there for you Rossman!

Our thoughts are with you and Lyn.

Our thoughts are with you and Lyn.

Dear Ross & Lyn,

You have been an unmet friend for many of us, and now you and Lyn have helped again by giving us all a deeper sense of perspective about our own situation. Please know that my wife and I are thinking about you and hoping that everything turns out well. You have friends in Connecticut.

Best wishes,

Richard & Nancy

gijanet said:
Oh, Ross, I wish there was something we could do for y'all. I have been out of the loop for a while (wallowing in self-pity again; long story) and just read everything in one fell swoop. I am so glad to hear that Lyn is feeling a bit better, but your last two posts really made me cry. I will never, ever understand.........at least in my human form........why some of us are tested again and again! I know that we are not supposed to get dished out to us more than we can handle, but DAMMIT! I'm tired of handling it...........and I know you are, too. Guess we are just securing our places in Heaven.........sigh! You have my love and prayers. Please keep us posted..........and if you think of anything we can do, just holler. I sure wish I lived closer to Ohio......... Sending hugs. Janet
You and me both Janet. Every time we've made on inch of progress toward a better life, we've been pounded straight back into the ground to begin again. I'm really beginning to think God has it in for us. After 25 years of the same things happening, it's hard to maintain a positive attitude.

I'm going to be really pissed if I've tried to lead a truthful, honest life and find out it was all in vain!

Ross said:
You and me both Janet. Every time we've made on inch of progress toward a better life, we've been pounded straight back into the ground to begin again. I'm really beginning to think God has it in for us. After 25 years of the same things happening, it's hard to maintain a positive attitude.

I'm going to be really pissed if I've tried to lead a truthful, honest life and find out it was all in vain!

Ross,

Our Creator is a comedian, but really is there for you. :) You've been through so much and you're still here! There's a reason for that. Sometimes I have to let it go and ask to know that meaning. Wish I could be as helpful to you as you have been to me. I am thankful I've come in contact with you and your wife is improving. Will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Ross said:

Ross,

A preacher who lost his wife and two kids to an auto accident several years ago wrote a song. Don't remember the name, etc., but I do remember the idea he was trying to convey. Not sure of the exact words he used but it went like "We will never know God's Mind, but we will always feel His hands." From all that we have been through or are looking forward to, I think these words provide some comfort.

Keep the faith, my brother and,

May God Bless Us All,

Danny

Ross I'm sorry to hear of your wifes (and your) troubles. I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. You both will be in my thoughts.

I often feel like life couldn't get any worse...but it can. As bad as you think things are, they can always be worse. This isn't the end of things, it's just another crappy bump in the road. I'm positive you'll both get through it. Your bills may be accumulating and your house may have a lien on it, but when she gets out of the hospital at least she HAS a home to go to. I know it's hard, but if you try, you can always find SOMETHING to be positive about.

Take care...both of you.

All of a sudden!

All of a sudden!

Hello Ross, I read your first post the other day and just as I was about to write something, Bruna called me for some reason and I ended up leaving it for later on. Anyway, it's amazing how a person can be well one minute and then just take ill like that. We're always here trying to get emotionally prepared for our BIG DAY and it doesn't even cross our minds that someone we love could end up in a worse situation than us. That just comes to show how vulnerable we all are. Whatever way it goes from now on, I hope that your wife Lynn gets better soon and providing her other kidney's healthy, she should be ok if it gets to the point that she really does need to get the sick one removed. Make sure you also take care of yourself so that you feel strong enough to look after her during this rough path. I'll sure keep the two of you in my prayers and thoughts.
Débora

This, too, shall pass

This, too, shall pass

Ross:

Here I take a few days off and come back to shockingly read of your problems. How fragile our lives are, never knowing what lies just around the corner. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You inconspicuoulsly posted this thread under "Small Talk". I would have missed it completely, if not researching another member's thread that led me to it. I share your frustrations with the medical care issue. How the government can spend millions -- nay probably billions -- on medical care on people who are not even in this country legally, and yet let our own people have to struggle is beyond me. Hopefully, the financial avenues you are investigating will yield results for you. We're here for you!

Randy

Thinking about you!

Thinking about you!

Ross,

I just heard the news today. I am so sorry your wife is having kidney problems. I am glad to hear, however, that things seem to be improving over the past few days. I will be praying for you, your wife and your family. You have been a very big help to us and hope that we can give some back to you. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask. We don't live that far away.

Take care

Sending hugs

Michelle

Good Morning, I think?

The Doctor was just in and is discharging her from the hospital for now. She comes home and continues the antibiotic and schedules an appointment with the Doctor in his office sometime this week, where they will do another xray and some more tests. He said there is nothing more then can do at this point in time, so it's senseless to keep her there. He said if surgery is going to be a happening thing, it will be in about two weeks.

I don't know folks. Guess we don't have any choices in the matter.
Not even awake yet and as soon as she eats, she's allowed to leave, so I guess I better go get her huh? :)

I'm glad she's coming home. We all know how impossible it is to really rest in the hospital. Get out the French Maid's outfit Ross - pamper her!

Back