Never ending INR issues- warning LONG post

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freddie, I didn’t say that test stip problems couldn’t cause inaccurate readings. Say going from a 3.5 to a 5. But she went up to over 7 And down again. So yes bad strips could be the cause but given the huge fluctuations less likely. Clearly she needs to be tested properly.
I also had low readings with the recall test strips. I agree she needs to be tested properly and if she does have her own meter she should get a test kit like I did from Roche.

I've been away from this forum for such a long time, life got in the way of my computer time. Recently my INR difficulties are so extreme, and then I remembered the wealth of knowledge to be found here. I self test with a coaguchek, and also occasionally go to the Coumadin clinic I guess just to validate that I'm ok.
But lately that's definitely not been the case. I've attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean.
I don't know what to do. I don't use any alcohol, I think my diet is pretty stable (not always healthy, but stable). I don't know why my INR is like this. When it goes as high as you see here, the medical response is hospitalize me, give me transfusions (usually anemic when this occurs) and vitamin k injection to bring it down immediately.
It's because I'm sick of going to the hospital, that I've quit sharing my results with doctor or clinic. My doctor is totally INR ignorant anyway, so I'm not surprised even she sends me to the E R.
I surprisingly never have any problems with bleeding, but I'm also very careful. I fell out of bed the other night, hence the bruise photo.
I am currently taking only 1.5 mg of warfarin daily, and yesterday once again my INR was higher than my machine can read.
I'm so tired of it all. I've been dealing with this crap for over 6 years now, it has had such a negative impact on my previously cheerful, happy personality. I don't even know me anymore.
I'm not even sure what I'm looking for here, I know you aren't doctors and most are not comfortable giving advice. Maybe I just need a place to rant and release my misery?
Anyway thanks for putting up with it.

Latest posts

Back