Networking & Brainstorming

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm posting the possibility of a new networking/brainstorming group to numerous boards/groups; the more diverse the experiences represented, the more likely the ideas exchanged will be beneficial to multiple people. I see this as a way to share info about employment, health issues, automotive interests, etc. You do NOT have to live in Chicagoland to be a member & participate!

Possible initial meeting dates...

...Sunday, 04/22/2012 (afternoon)

...Tuesday, 04/24/2012 (evening)

...Saturday, 04/28/2012 (morning)

Possible initial meeting locations...

...Elgin IL's Colonial Cafe ("meeting room" area)

...Elgin IL's Gail Borden Library (meeting room)

Who is IN?!

I've been networking & sending resumes as much as possible, but nothing so far. My background is mostly customer service, including a Help Desk job working with Advance Ship Notices through EDI. The last job wasn't exactly what the title indicated. I've been researching non-profits, but those are struggling.... I'd love to get into marketing in some capacity, radio, writing, event creation/hosting (done a number of gatherings in the Chicago area, though I'm told that doesn't count as "professional" experience), etc.

I'm not panicking...yet. I've kept busy by going through stuff in my room, lots of Nephew Time, attending workshops/presentations, finishing my 36 sessions of Cardiac Rehab (definite PLUS), etc.

"Watch your thoughts because they become your words."
"Watch your words because they become your actions."
"Watch your actions because they become your habits."
"Watch your habits because they become your character."
"Watch your character because it becomes your reputation."
"Watch your reputation because it becomes your legacy."
"Your legacy is how you will be remembered."

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = http://rdwhl-capriceclassic.proboards.com/ *
"It's hard to keep moving when your plans are a bust" __ The Road Crew __ 'Dust'

Cort, sorry I can't attend in person cause I would love to meet you. Anyway I'm sure you know but jobs are scarce in California. But I was thinking, maybe you could go on line and take a look at opportunities with Medtronic. They have many divisions and are in many states. Hope your networking proves fruitful.

Sorry I can't be there. All I can do is let you know what's available around our SE Missouri/Southern Illinois area.:smile2:

LOL! I know you'd love to have me down there, but I'll still be a Cubs fan ... ESPECIALLY after today's superb victory in a certain beer stadium on a certain red bird team's home opener........

Cort, sorry I can't attend in person cause I would love to meet you. Anyway I'm sure you know but jobs are scarce in California. But I was thinking, maybe you could go on line and take a look at opportunities with Medtronic. They have many divisions and are in many states. Hope your networking proves fruitful.

Thanks for that tip. Hadn't even thought of that, actually. ;)

Herb - I can be sure Cort gets the link to the US Government site. We have two "Feds" in the immediate family here, and another downstate.

*raises eyebrow*

Do tell more.... I HAD a link to the USA jobs ... but, when I tried to go the site I had bookmarked, it said "not found". So, has the link changed?

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Here today, forgot tomorrow" __ Duran Duran __ 'Ordinary World'

Latest posts

Back