Nervious about husband's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One quick comment about the mechanical valve clicking. I'm not sure that many people have trouble accepting the clicking. It may be annoying for a short time when you're first getting used to it - but I know of nobody who was driven crazy by it. (Although I couldn't hide behind a door when playing hide and seek with my daughter, and did annoy someone at a press conference because he didn't like the sound of my 'cheap watch.')

I certainly wouldn't use the clicking, or the need to take warfarin, as a reason to NOT get a mechanical valve if this is offered as an option.

If you're worried about the clicking, also remember that probably only children and puppy dogs will hear it most of the time. The clicking is very high pitched, and as we age, our high-frequency hearing declines.

One quick comment about the mechanical valve clicking. I'm not sure that many people have trouble accepting the clicking. It may be annoying for a short time when you're first getting used to it - but I know of nobody who was driven crazy by it. (Although I couldn't hide behind a door when playing hide and seek with my daughter, and did annoy someone at a press conference because he didn't like the sound of my 'cheap watch.')

I certainly wouldn't use the clicking, or the need to take warfarin, as a reason to NOT get a mechanical valve if this is offered as an option.

when I was in recovery and mentioned I was disappointed that I heard the clicking the cardio that checked in on me mentions a few times they had to pull a mechanical to put a tissue in due to patients being worked up about the noise. He may have been full of it, but I can see it if someone was freaked out by hearing their heart.

Latest posts

Back