- Jan 29, 2009
- Concord NH
I have a post in pre surgery titled been tole it's time for an AVR. Since my follow up appt with my cardiologist on 2/2 I was told that my valve is now only mod stenosised and looks great" I think you might be able to wait until your moms age for your valve replacement ( my mom was 49)". "I'll see you in a year for an echo and check up". I don'tknow if I should just make an appt with my PCP to shout my S/S to her, I am trying to find an adequate 2nd opinion Boston MA or Dartmouth lebanon NH areas and It is just so much info. Little overwhelmed. I'm SOB, past week I have been so tired, Both feet continue to swell, at times hard time to concentrate, I am having at times pain in hands and wrists, I get fluttering pains accross my chest at times on exertion, I feel faint at times and apparatly turn grey and pale, when this happens the whole world feels like a swirl or wave. It took my mom almost 2 years to get a cardio to agree she needed surgery becasue under the test her valve "looked good". I have been actively symptomatic since Nov. I am still attempting to wrok full time as a COTA and MT although some days I wonder how long I can do this when I have to lift patients. I don't know if I can hold on for another year and a half until some one decides my symptoms warretn surgery. I know I need a second opinion I just don't know where to start. Please help and Thank you for letting me vent.