Nausea and No Gallbladder

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INRtest

I have noticed that a number of us don't have gallbladders (sometimes incorrectly spelled "gall bladder"). I have noticed that in the past several months I often suffer from a very mild nausea. Do you?

What about recommending a med that will not affect my inr?

Yes, I certainly do suffer from VERY MILD nausea, from time to time. I don't have the same pain, or feeling as I did BEFORE the surgery though. I need to pay attention to just what I am eating, after this happens. I do belive it is related. AS far as a med for it, I can't help. Please let me know if you find one. As far as your INR. I can't help there either, as I have a tissue valve.

Just wanted to know your not alone with the nausea thing.

Good luck and take care

Thank you Kathy. Not needing to take medications for other ailments very often, I forget what I can (should) or can't (should not) take.

Anybody else help with something to take for nausea?

Jess,
My gallbladder was removed many years ago.
As Kathy mentioned certain foods can cause this and I do avoid things that give me nausea.
Quite some time ago I was recommended to use Mylanta. You can get it in liquid or caps.
It has never affected my INR and does give me some quick relief.
Rich

Jess, Another thing that seems to help me, is eating bread or crackers.

Rich, thanks for the recomendation. I'll try that too.

Jess, Good luck

I have the same issue (no gallbladder, waives of very mild nausea) that I"ve noticed lately. I took my self off Prilosec this summer and the nausea started after that, so I assume it's a return of acid reflux/GERD symptoms. I'm have an upper GI endoscopy in a couple of weeks to confirm. Hope I can manage it without going back on Prilosec. It seemed to give me leg pains.

I tolerate Nexium and Prevacid better than Prilosec. I had a lot of side effects on it but I haven't with the others.

I just wanted to comment regarding Nexium.
I was on it for two and a half years and did have some side effects.
But I want to caution anyone who may go on this med that it can have a heavy impact on ones INR.
In my case I had to change my weekly dosage by a full 30% and that's a lot.
So be careful out there.
Rich

I don't know how ginger might effect INR but I get motion sickness sometimes and found some very good ginger mints (manufactured by Paul Newman's company) in a health food store that seem to sooth it.

Latest posts

Back