Nancy?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi nancy!
i'm glad to see that you are home and that atleast this first part is behind you.
i pray that the path results will be fine and that future treatment will be minimal, if that.
please let us know when you find out.
you will be in our thoughts and prayers. try to get some rest. must be so nice to have your daughters there with you for support.
wishing you all the best, sylvia

Nancy I just read the news where you had to have surgeryl I'm so sorry. Let's pray that everything will be okay. You will be in my prayers. Aren't daughter's wonderful? Mine have literally taken over for me.

Nancy,
I'm glad you are home.
I wasn't aware you were having surgery because I havn't been around much lately.
I will keep you in my prayers for some good news to come.

Nancy what are you doing in a hospital?

That's 'the gangs' territory!

Glad everything's fine with you now.

Nancy did Ross get a haircut or are his ears still growing?

And my beloved Hansylee went out and got 'another' facelift?

Let's keep an eye on them Nancy next thing they'll want to sport a tatto!

God Bless y'all

Nancy,
So glad to hear you're home. I'm with Chris and Sherry - let Joe pamper you for a bit :) .
Best wishes,
Gemma.

Nancy,
Am sooo glad that things have gone well. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and that the pathology report will be what we all want for you.....ALL GOOD!

Carla

Glad to hear that surgery went well... wishing you a smooth recovery and even better pathology results.
Nancy, you are such an encouragement and source of strength & knowledge on this site... we are all thinking and praying for you.

Nancy,

Rest and take care of yourself. I'm praying that the path results are good.
I'm glad you are home and felling pretty comfortable physically.

Heather

Nancy, I am glad you are home and have your family taking care of you. I am praying for good pathology reports for you. Take care . Hugs,
Kathy H

Nancy..so glad that you are back home. I wish you a speedy recovery..Prayers going out for a good path report

Dearest Nancy:

I am so glad that you are up and over the mountain, on your way to recovery. I know you, and I am sure you've gotten the best doctor in the area to continue your treatments. You mean SO much to all of us.

Godspeed on your journey.

Love, Marybeth

The pathology report was mostly very good. All nodes are clear. All margins are clear, but one is fairly close. So the surgeon is going to consult with the oncologist to see if he should keep things as is or go in again and take a little more.

It turned out to be rather extensive surgery. It's amazing-I have mammograms each year, have had since 1984. This was a large non-palpable tumor and supposedly from all the past mammo reports, just cropped up within the year.

In the past, I have had mammos done at my gyn's office with their machine. This year I decided to have a digital one done. So it's a VERY good thing I did. I feel like I escaped severe problems just by the skin of my teeth.

Let's all us women here make it a rule to get the job done with the newest and best equipment available. If you can't feel it and the older machines cannot pick it up in the early, early stages, go get a state-of-the-art one done.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Way to go Nancy!

Way to go Nancy!

Nancy,
That is very good news. No lymphatic involvment is a huge plus.
Mary :)

hi Nancy.

I am Englanders wife. hope you recover well and speedy
Bess

Hi Nancy

I'm SOOOO glad for such a good report!!!! I will thank God, tonight, for your blessing. It must be such a relief for you!!!

You're right about getting state of the art mammos. I get them every year, too. Actually, though, I'd be glad just to get everyone I know to have them as a baseline at 35 and then regularly after that. There are MANY of my friends out there who haven't had them done in years.

Every gal out there in cyberspace: PLEASE, PLEASE make that appointment and get your mammo done regularly....your life just MAY depend on it. Guys, please make sure your loved one gets one, also----drag them if you have to.

OK now I'm off the soapbox......

Evelyn

PS Don't forget the PAP smears and ovarian cancer sonograms, too!!! You can also request a CA125 test which will detect cancer....we do it every two years.

Nancy,

So glad to hear the good report. I hope the rest of the news is good as well. Did they mention chemo or radiation? I feel lucky that my Mom's PCP is such a stickler that my Mom get's the most minute cyst removed and checked out. She had one removed recently that was so small that the only thing that caught it was the ultrasound. That was the one that turned out to be malignant, but they got it so early she was spared having to go through chemo. Hope your news continues to be good.

I'm glad to see that a 'little surgery' can't keep a good woman down Nancy :)

If / when it comes to radiation, that is a tough choice. Radiation Damage to the heart valves and arteries, and the esophagus, is the 'dirty little secret' radiologists don't like to tell their patients about.

At the time Johnny and I had our Radiation Therapy for Hodgkins Disease, maybe they weren't aware of the extent of the damage to our internal organs. The 'secret' is out now. For those who hope / expect to live for another 20 years or more, "Just Saying NO" to radiation is a difficult choice to have to make.

'AL'

Nancy:
Don't remember if I have heard of digital mammograms. Will ask my PCP... Just had my annual mammogram last month.

Guys:
You may not be women, but please watch out for unusual things just the same. I've had one male co-worker who had breast cancer....

Back