Naming Coincidence?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Makes you wonder

Prayer for St. Jude’s Intercession

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hope. Please intercede on my behalf. Make use of that particular privilege given to you to bring hope, comfort, and help where they are needed most. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven as I work with my challenges, particularly (here make your request). I praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.

I don't think it was a coincidence at all. The name would obviously have more impact on christians than a name like, perhaps, Rodney Dangerfield.

St. Jude was also selected by Danny Thomas, who founded the Children's hospital and charity, probably chose that name for the same reason as the one chosen by the valve manufacturer.

No, he 'just don't get no respect.'

(One oddity about the name: on the Jack Benny radio shows in the 30s and 40s they referred to a non-existent character named Rodney Dangerfield. I think this upcoming comedian appropriated the name as his stage name. Another oddity - he lived at the Beverly Hilton Hotel the last years of his life. I went to conferences there, once in a while, and would sometimes see him near the elevators.)

He was definitely very good. I didn't hear him in front of a live audience that wasn't being broadcast. I've heard that his Las Vegas (and other) events weren't quite so tame.

Latest posts

Back