NAD and NMN effects on platelets and coagulation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protimenow

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I'm somewhat baffled (what else is new?) about the effects of NAD and a precursor, NMN, on platelets.

NAD and NMN are supposed to be useful for reducing or reversing some of the effects of aging. I've been taking one or the other for about two weeks - I originally looked for any research that talked about its effects on coagulation. One of the things that I saw was that it didn't act like an NSAID (like aspirin or ibuprofen), so it was an alternative to the NSAIDS, inhibits COX2 (which is associated with pain), and is an effective alternative to NSAIDs.

I've done further research, MedPub and other studies, and the results seem to be somewhat conflicting with each other.

My INR before I started NAD+ was 2.7. Without a change in dosage, my INR this morning was STILL 2.7.

I sliced the top of my left foot last week with a piece of corn chip (don't ask), and it bled like crazy - the cut may have been deeper than I thought, I may have cut through a large vein, but I was finally able to stop the bleeding using a pad and significant pressure. The amount of bleeding was disturbing (and a bit scary).

This morning, I banged the top of my hand against my headboard - it formed a 'bump' where I had probably broken some capillaries - but aside from being purple and slightly raised, the blood hasn't diffused (so it clotted). I made an incision in a finger to take my INR - 2.7 - and it closed quickly.

Have YOU used NAD+ or NMN? Do you know about the effect of NAD+ or NMN on platelet aggregation? As I said, some of the papers seemed contradictory. And, as I mentioned, one paper suggested it as an alternative to NSAIDs because it DOESN'T affect platelets.

But my cut foot - and the hassle I had in getting it to clot - are somewhat disturbing to me.

The NAD+ and NMN seem like they're having a positive effect, a friend who is also taking it has reported a great deal of improvement, but I'm still a bit concerned because I'm taking warfarin.

Any thoughts (especially from VitDoc and Nobog and other professionals) would be appreciated.

I have to ask…what are NAD and NMN?

And please give us some details on the corn chip incident. I’m going to be up all night imagining the how of this. I’m thinking it’s something along the lines of the ninja who can kill his opponent with a wet sock and a grain of rice.

I sliced the top of my left foot last week with a piece of corn chip (don't ask), and it bled like crazy - the cut may have been deeper than I thought, I may have cut through a large vein, but I was finally able to stop the bleeding using a pad and significant pressure. The amount of bleeding was disturbing (and a bit scary).
Glad that you got the bleeding under control. Had it gone south, just imagine the headline for that one.

MAN BLEEDS OUT FROM CORN CHIP INJURY. :oops:

Glad that you got the bleeding under control. Had it gone south, just imagine the headline for that one.

MAN BLEEDS OUT FROM CORN CHIP INJURY. :oops:
Maybe they'll have to change the label:

Warning: Corn Chips may be hazardous to your health, or, perhaps 'Keep out of reach of children.'

This was the freakiest accident that I can remember.

My INR before I started NAD+ was 2.7. Without a change in dosage, my INR this morning was STILL 2.7.
I'd call that no effect on INR

Deep cuts bleed and may require some medical attention

Further research is required to determine if corn chips are more potent than Lego

BHszFsWi88-EQI52XWPM-CuMuJgagAIVmLeIzBsaQ2M.jpg

Thanks for the links @pellicle.

From the agemate snake oil site: “Just 500mg of NMN is equivalent to eating 25kg of broccoli!”. I do like broccoli, but not that much!

As to Dr. Shade’s article, let’s say I found it a bit “shady”. Not a rigorous study by any means, all anecdotal claims of efficacy without any numerical results or statistical analysis. At least throw a confidence interval in there once in a while. I looked at a few of the reference citings; not much more rigorous.

At least I now know what these are. For those who don’t, I’ll save you the read. They’re magical powders that reverse aging.

@Protimenow , we’re still waiting on the whole corn chip story.

Sure, much of it is anecdotal. In my case, I'm not sure if my minor changes (skin looks better, some of my hair might be growing back) is a result of this stuff or my return to small daily doses of bioidentical testosterone cream.

My wife claims that she feels better - and her skin HAS improved.

A friend who has been taking it has shown noticeable improvement since he began taking it.

I'm not sure how far the placebo effect goes.

Yes, these are miraculous claims and they deserve more rigorous research, but anecdotally - for my wife and our friend - and maybe me, the results seem to be promising.

Back