my time has come

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

pekster11

Good luck Pekster11, i have just been scheduled for Apr 19th, after some Covid delays here also.
Am very symptomatic now with some challenging nights
we will be healing in parallel
Good luck aswell (y)
I'm asymptomatic ...still running 10km on my treadmill most days with no problems
we'll be able to compare notes on the surgery and post surgery recovery process

Luckyguy17

VR.org Supporter
Good luck aswell (y)
I'm asymptomatic ...still running 10km on my treadmill most days with no problems
we'll be able to compare notes on the surgery and post surgery recovery process
10Km per day, your in better shape than i was going into to 2010 surgery
maybe my surgeon will agree to Kryptonite Rib cage glue once again, maybe giving me an edge on recovery...smile
at least i will have a 3 day running start on you, which is only fair with the age difference, big smile

Chuck C

I believe that this will be a big plus for you going into surgery. I stayed physically active hiking up a 1,200 ft mountain leading right up to my surgery 3 weeks ago, and I believe this had a lot to do with my quick recovery.
Best of luck to both you and Luckyguy. It is kind of cool having recovery buddies that you go through about the same time with. Amy was my recovery buddy and it is helpful to compare notes coming out the other side.

pekster11

I believe that this will be a big plus for you going into surgery. I stayed physically active hiking up a 1,200 ft mountain leading right up to my surgery 3 weeks ago, and I believe this had a lot to do with my quick recovery.
Best of luck to both you and Luckyguy. It is kind of cool having recovery buddies that you go through about the same time with. Amy was my recovery buddy and it is helpful to compare notes coming out the other side.
i hope so.
my resting heart rate sometimes falls into the 40s...so i reckon my cardio strength is pretty good.
but we'll see.
there's no guarantees with heart surgery. incredibly this will be the first time in my life i've ever been under a general anaesthetic