My surgery is scheduled for 7/26

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LeslieD

Starting to stress over looking at calendars. I was scheduled for the Ross Procedure on the 25th and it was just moved to the 26th. I hope it doesn't get pushed anymore.
Looking forward to feeling better, scared about how it's going to be after surgery but have no choice.
From what I've been reading I think I'm prepared. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me.

Leslie - Good luck with your upcoming surgery. It is always better to keep busy to avoid thinking about it. Once you get through, it is uncomfortable in the ICU, but bearable. The pain was not that much in my case, but they offer you something to offset it. After the ICU, it is pretty easy. Of course, sleeping in the hospital is never restful.

Leslie,
Keep the faith. We'll be praying for you. I'm sure that before long you'll be well on your way to recovery.

Leslie - Don't forget that on the whole people are posting here because they want to discuss anxieties and problems. Who knows how many there are who just sail through the whole thing. A friend of mine who had a valve replacement always said afterwards "what on earth was all the fuss about". And I certainly felt the aftermath of the surgery was no big deal. It just took a little while for my heart to settle down.

Wishing you all the very best for the 26th.

Hi Leslie

Hi Leslie

Just wanted to wish you all the best in your upcoming surgery. This is a tense time now, but you will do just fine and we'll all be waiting to hear about your experiences.

My husband, Joe is scheduled for his 3rd heart surgery on July 18.

Leslie,

I was definitely stressed at times before my surgery, but found it to be much less of an ordeal than what I expected -- still an ordeal, but moreso just some bad moments, not really bad days. I feel much better on the other side, I am less stressed, more focused now on my work than on my "problem". Surprisingly, open heart surgery seems to have improved my golf game too. In short, I hate to keep repeating the going phrase, but the waiting truly is the hardest part. Try not to sweat it too much.

Good Wishes

Good Wishes

Good luck with the wait...that is the hardest part by far. Come chat with us if you are nervous. This is the hard part. Our prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

Our prayers are with you. Stay occupied, not preoccupied, before surgery. Do things that make the time go quickly and that are meaningful with family and friends, since they will be a huge help to you in recovery. We can't do anything abou the little bit of risk that there is, but most everyone makes it through this feeling that it was not nearly as bad as they expected. A challenge and an ordeal for sure, but you'll be amazed how many good things come out of it as well, not the least of which should be a greatly improved heart function.

Good luck and Godspeed.

When you are worried or scared or nervous, just come in here, say what you feel like saying and everybody in here understands fully. We have all been in your shoes and know how hard this last part is. The unknown is always frightening and no matter how much you study the subject, it is still an unknown. And taking our word doesn't make it very much easier. But, take heart in the fact that there are so many in here who have had their very own personal miracle. It is truly an experience that will always be with you and when it is over, you will be so thankful because you will have a brand new life. I don't know how to ease your mind - probably none of us does. But be assured you are going to be just fine and remember all the hands from here that are holding yours. Godspeed

When you are worried or scared or nervous, just come in here, say what you feel like saying and everybody in here understands fully. We have all been in your shoes and know how hard this last part is. The unknown is always frightening and no matter how much you study the subject, it is still an unknown. And taking our word doesn't make it very much easier. But, take heart in the fact that there are so many in here who have had their very own personal miracle. It is truly an experience that will always be with you and when it is over, you will be so thankful because you will have a brand new life. I don't know how to ease your mind - probably none of us does. But be assured you are going to be just fine and remember all the hands from here that are holding yours. Godspeed

Back