My Operation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi everyone

I am Janet's son Robert, my mother had her operation on 2nd january, she is still in hospital and she is doing o.k, if you wish to send her any thoughts i will print them off and take them to her.

thanks

Rob

Best Wishes

Best Wishes

Hi Rob

Great to hear that your mum has had her op and is doing well. Hope she has a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing from her soon. I'm just about to pack my bag as I am off on Sunday to have my op on Monday morning. Best wishes to you all.

Peachy

Hi Rob,

Thank You for posting about your mother Jan! Tell her I said Congratulations! Welcome to the opther side! I'm glad everything went well. It will get easier each day she recuperates. Is she using the pillow when she sneezes or coughs? I'm sure all the useful things we all have said to her, will come back to her as the days go by. I'm sure right now she's still got a lot of drugs in her so that she doesn't feel the pain. Please keep us posted about how she's getting along. i'm sure before too long, she'll be posting for herself!

By the way, Peachy. Best of Luck! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Hi Robert-

It's wonderful to hear that your mom has done well with her surgery. I wish her a steady and uneventful recovery period. It's all coasting from now on and tying up little loose ends.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks, Rob, for posting to us.

Dear Jan - I guess you are evaluating your cuts and bruises by now and lookin at those staples - and you are sore. Also bet you are up and walkin down that LONG hallway, but it gets shorter every day so keep on walkin. We had a 'sergeant' who got us all up and out in the hall to walk every morning early. What a sight with all those gowns flappin. So glad you are over the worst part and soon you will tell us the approaching surgery was truly the worst of it all. We will be right here waiting to see your pretty voice. God bless:)

Jan: You must be so relieved to have the surgery done after all the delays. And we are much relieved to know you are okay and just need to turn your attention to healing now.

You can just about hear the collective cheer that goes up at VR.com whenever that first post-surgery message finally comes through as each patient comes over the top of the mountain.

Hi Robert!

Hi Robert!

Glad to welcome you to the board for Jan. Glad the she doing well and hope she gets home soon. Keep us updated on her recovery and tell her we are waiting to her from her soon.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St Jude's valve

To Jan

To Jan

Hi Robert and Jan:

I am so glad to hear that you also are doing well. My husband Eddie had his surgery on Thur, Jan 3rd, and is a walking miracle. He has done fantastic. The miracle of modern medicine and the Great Physician, our Lord and Savior. I hope and pray that you are feeling as great as Eddie is. He is eating, bathing, walking, watching TV and just causing all the nurses and doctors to "shake their heads in disbelief" as his quick recovery and healing.... but, if you know my Eddie, you would understand. There never was a more stronger willed or determined individual than he.

God speed and many blessings.

Hi

Hi

Hi Rob -

I am new to this discussion board. My husband had his RP on 12-4-01. I know how tiring and worrisome the first week after surgery is. Thank goodness for a great medical staff.

Please give your mom our best. We too wish her an uneventful and speedy recovery.

Ann

Hi Rob and Jan

Great to hear the surgery went well. I had mine in Jan of last year. It is a good time for recovery, watching the winter from indoors. Walking is a must, but go out in daylight and enjoy. A good time to catch up on reading and small projects. Good luck with recovery.

Robert and Jan

Robert and Jan

Delighted to hear everything has gone well ...great news ...keep it up Jan ...and keep in touch ..you inspire us folks who are still waiting :)
Scottie

Rob and Janet!
Sounds like another NHS success story! Glad to hear all is well. I was beginning to lose faith in the NHS.

Wish your mum a speedy recovery and tell her to do her walking exercises!

-Mara

Back