My one year anniversary of my 1st AVR.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina

Hi,

Tomorrow will be my one year anniversary of my first AVR. My second AVR was performed 11 days later, so coming up the 18th of this month.
I am feeling okay most of the time, but other times I wake up and feel crummy. Might also be other things. Getting more bloodwork done tomorrow to find out.
Mind me, I have had really great days earlier in my recovery, and have felt on top of the world at times. Walked up to 25 miles a week at times after only a few months. I am disappointed with the amount of energy that I have left after I come home, and had hoped for more after one year. My husband thinks that I am doing great and tells me not to worry.

Christina
Mechanical St. Jude's 8/7/2000 & 8/18/2000
Coumadin

Congrats!

Congrats!

Christina ... Isn't it amazing that it's already been a year... I remember chatting with you before your first AVR -- you were so worried; yet you've proven yourself to be a real trooper!

I agree with you that somehow we're never the same after AVR, and I too wish I had twice as much energy as I have. But you know what? It's great to be alive... that's the motto of Mended Hearts, and it's true. And I'll bet we'll have more energy next year than we have this year.

So keep the faith, and just continue to take excellent care of yourself. You mentioned that you're going to the Dr. for blood work. Are you going in for an official one-year check up or what? Seems like you had an echo, etc. just a few months ago.

In any case, enjoy the fact that it's this time This Year and not this time Last Year. And again, congrats on your one-year milestone.

All the Best ~ :D

Hi Christina,

Congrat's on your anniversary.. and anniversaries!!!

Wishing you many more, and maybe with the rapid advances in heart disease treatment, we both will have more than we ever dreamed possible. Keep positive... and enjoy...

Rob

Christina - Great to hear from you. I found this web site in Aug of last year, probably just after your second surgery. I guess we all have difficult moments after surgery, but isn't it great that so many of us survive to discuss how lousy we feel. Anyway, congratulations on making it to your first anniversary, may you have many, many , many more.

Hi Christina!

Congratulations on your forthcoming year. Two surgeries within the space of three weeks did not do wonders in my case. It took exactly 11 months to get it all back.

You have endured more that most. I have complete confidence you will continue to do so. You have the right attitude!

Keep up the good work. Let us know about your other tests too.

Best wishes,

Congrats

Congrats

The 8th was also my anniversary.
Isn't it wonderfull to have all of this "free" time?
I am glad to hear you are feeling well. ;)
Anyhow, enjoy, I know I did.
All day was different but nice. Amazing to think where we were just one year ago. Only 12 months ago, we were both in the hospital and not feeling so great.
God is great.

Take care.

Congratulations to you Christina and to you, Ben. Amazing how much more we have learned in the past year, isn't it? Also amazing to have seen and done things we might not have seen and done had we not had our surgeries. I wouldn't have seen my newborn great granddaughter who is so beautiful you could cry - I wouldn't have seen my grandson graduate highschool and head off to college - seen my son marry such a wonderful girl - so many, many things and even tho I am not always on top of the world and constantly aware of my damaged heart (bypass, not valve replacement), it sure beats the alternative! God bless to you both.

Happy Anniversary Christina

Happy Anniversary Christina

Look what can happen in a year! You've come a long way baby!

Dear Ben,

"CONGRATULATIONS" to you also on your one year anniversary. Yes, I remember you telling me that you went in the 8th of last year.
A big hug comes your way right now! You've come a long way baby.

Yes, both of us were in a far different place last year. Ben, I too am eternally grateful to be here on this wonderful planet earth, and being able to enjoy those magnificent sunsets and gorgeous Catalina mountains from my back patio while I am having dinner.
Ain't life sweet when you live it?

Christina in AZ.
8/7/00 & 8/18/2000
St. Jude's mechanical
:eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back