My nomination for official Valve Replacement Theme Song

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtread

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Although there's nothing in this song about cardiac surgery or valve replacement, and I'm sure there are folks that don't like this kind of music, I think it provides a metaphor for the phrenetic nature of the valve replacement experience. :eek:

So, this is my nomination for official Valve Replacement Theme Song, if we are to have one. Turn your volume up for this one, and listen to the whole thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHw9b4BBV9Y

I like GeeBee's, my vote goes to her selection!:)

I'm also impartial to Rod Stewart.

Or could we have a theme song for cardiac rehab -- or maybe the exercise portion of Cooker's Throw Down? (Olivia resembles Superbob's favorite nurse in cardiac rehab.) :p:p:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXECBdPgEA

OMG! Remember those fun exercise clothes? It was waaaaay more fun getting dressed for the gym in those days.

Now all of my brain cells are devoting their time to finding the perfect song! Which is not very smart of them, because I haven't even had my surgery yet, much less gone to rehab.

Although I can just imagine the song I might pick.... When the people on this forum talk about cardiac rehab, it sounds like a fun and supportive place. But I just talked to a nurse at Mayo who had her own valve replacement there, and their rehab sounds really boring. So maybe I'll be channeling Amy Winehouse....

Bob Dylan```come on everyone and sing along!

They'll stone you if you have a shaky start.
They'll stone you when you're tryin' to fix your heart.

They'll stone you if you look into their eyes.
They'll stone you if you need to exercise.

Well I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned.

Very funny Ross ,Good one. Give me a bit I'll come up with something-maybe.

BTW does anyone know why when I play something on You-Tube,I only
get about 6 seconds of play and then it pauses for awhile and then continues
off and on like that all the way thru:confused: It didnt used to do this, but
now it happens everytime. Does anyone know?
Thanks- Dina

Very funny Ross ,Good one. Give me a bit I'll come up with something-maybe.

BTW does anyone know why when I play something on You-Tube,I only
get about 6 seconds of play and then it pauses for awhile and then continues
off and on like that all the way thru:confused: It didnt used to do this, but
now it happens everytime. Does anyone know?
Thanks- Dina

Sounds like an issue with your ISP. Since youtube is streamed, it depends on a constant flow of incoming data and it sounds as though yours is coming in small chunks. Do you know how to do a trace route? Doing one may show where the problem is.

http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/troubleshooter/traceroute.html

Yeah, that Tim McGraw song is a good one. He recorded it when he learned that his father, former major-league pitcher Tug McGraw, had a terminal illness. Brain tumor, I believe it was.

Many a night when I couldn't sleep, I listened to it on the radio and thought a lot about life. It's really an uplifting message -- live every day to the fullest.

We need to get eveyone participating and see what all were missing and what may really be the winner. ;)

Back