My Mitral Valve Repair is still holding up!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. That new job I got as a Financial Planner has been keeping me very busy given the state of the investment markets these days. Lots of folks requesting a redo of the numbers to see if they can still meet their financial goals. It's not pretty. :( However, I am truly grateful at least I have a job. I was having a hard enough time finding a job before, so I hate to think what the job market would be like now if I was still in job search mode. :eek: I hear through the grape vine there's been more job cuts where I was before.

Anyway, the good news is that I did find the time to see my Cardio for my annual check-up and echo (2 years 8 mo. post-op) and all the news is good. :D Nominal leakage from my valve repair and noticeable improvement from the heart remodelling since the repair as the heart walls have thickened to pretty much normal. The repair is nice and tight and blood flow excellent. Blood pressure is still a bit high so I continue the Atacand. All in all he said everything is excellent and the repair is perfect. He had told me to take the pre-meds before dental work this time. Last year he said I didn't have to when they came out with that new protocol. However, now he says repairs are still a grey area on this so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Awesome report

Awesome report

Glad to hear your report is good and i,m not sure
what new protacal you's have with before dental
proceedures ......but for sure be careful.
Blood pressure....we all know about it too Wayne.
Thanks for update and have a Happy ThanksGiving
now we can all work on our cholestrol:p

zipper2 (DEB)

Good to hear the good news of your most recent check-up & that your mitral is holding up! :) Your BP may run a little high due to all the stress being caused by our present state of the economy! Whose isn't!!! :eek:

Anyway, take care & hope you continue to do well! :)

Hi Wayne ~ I'm happy for you that you're doing so well!! Best wishes for continued good health. Dawn-Marie

Hey, congrats on the new job and congrats on a great report from the doc. I went to the doc too and my valve is doing great!!! i no longer have to take high blood pressure meds as the new valve is working awesome.!!!!

Aja

Glad to hear the great news!!! :D
If your valve repair is holding up great, then mine better, too!!!!

Debi (debster913)

Back