My Fourth RE-Birthday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superbob

Steely Resolve!
Supporting Member
The clock has just struck midnight, so my re-birthday has arrived. :) Four years ago this day, I had my aortic valve and aortic root replaced -- an operation that seemed improbable if not impossible when my cardiologist first broke the news to me that this is what I would need. It still seems close to miraculous.

It was a pretty major event to my family at the time, but I guess that fades with time. I told them after church that Monday would be my "birthday" and I got a lot of "huh" and "how's that?" -- and finally an "oh yeah." :)

But to me February 16 is just as important a day as my birthday -- in a way more so, because it gave me a new lease on life.

As I celebrate my 4th re-birthday, I also give thanks for vr.com and all it did for me when I was preparing to have that OHS and all it has done since. You all are the best!

The 16th is awesome. (My surgery was June 16, and it's my "other birthday," too).

Happy 4th valversary...and FOUR MORE YEARS!

Well, a heck of a lot more than that...!

Love,
Debi (debster913)

Bob,

Congratulations on four years with your new lease on life! You have added so much to the lives of folks on Valvereplacement.com. Your wit, knowledge and support have been invaluable to many. I have personally been enriched by your activity here. Wishing you many more.

TheChimp

I remember the day you underwent replacement. :) It doesn't seem like four years have passed, but I guess they have.
Congratulations and best wishes for many, many more, Bionic Bob . . . oops, I mean Superbob!;):p

A Super Congratulations to our favorite Super Hero!!!!! Wishing you many years of good health!!!!!

Happy SUPER DUPER 4th SuperBob!

Wishing you many, many more.
Your contributions to VR are appreciated.
John

Happy 4th valve anniversary to you Bob & I wish you many, many more all filled with good health & happiness!

I'm sure we can all relate to our other birthdate when we think of our OHS surgery(s) date & how it holds a very special & personal meaning to us! :)

Congratulations on your 4th anniversary!:)

You know what is interesting..I know that we share a Birthday month- Nov.,
but we also share a re-Birthday month- Feb. I think this makes us
relatives or something;)

Anyhow..have a nice day celebrating.

Happy Birthday Superbob!!!
Thanks for being our Superbob on the forum. Hard to believe its been 4 years for you. Time flys by so fast, and may you keep flying for many, many more years.

Back