My father's Lp(a)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pellicle;n878104 said:
classic090110.jpg

I'd have to say Nocturne would be Jack Lemmon there.

The irony I see here is that I'm always the messy one who drives the neatnik partner up the wall. Happened in college, happens at work today. ;)

cldlhd;n878121 said:
That's perfect, someone just needs to redub it, a little voiceover work.

I grew up watching that TV series and only later heard of the movie. Little did I know it would be played out many times with many role reversals when I lived sharing houses at university and beyond :)

A modern classic

pellicle;n878132 said:
Beautiful :)
​​​​​​

For the last few years, I have shared my classroom with a teacher's aide who is a very nice woman who happens to be from Portugal. If you don't know, Portuguese women are stereotypically cleanly and this women very much fits the stereotype. She is constantly cleaning my room, being very nice about it, and in general I really appreciate it -- but then there are times when she interferes with the structure of the jumbled mess on my desk and I can't find some key component because she has cleaned up and put it somewhere. Thankfully, she USUALLY remembers where, unless it was something that didn't "look" important.

We get along surprisingly well, and she has taught me some valuable things about organization -- some of them shockingly simple, like converting the back of my podium to a storage shelf for key books and papers by using a pair of old milk crates.

But in all seriousness, given my life history, I find being compared to Felix Unger to be pretty hilarious. I lost a college roommate because he thought I was too messy...

pellicle;n878133 said:
I grew up watching that TV series and only later heard of the movie. Little did I know it would be played out many times with many role reversals when I lived sharing houses at university and beyond :)

A modern classic

As the kids say here 'same'. The movie was a bit before me as well.

Latest posts

Back