My experience with AVR and follow up 3 weeks post surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cardiac rehab only 3 weeks out? Wow. I was just barely walking around in small doses. And still in so much pain from the OHS surgery any kind of workout was unthinkable. My zipper pain did not subside until after like 7 weeks later. Don't think I was allowed to start rehab until at least week 8 or 9, if not later (?).

Hang in there. I found the cardio rehab to be extremely helpful btw. But don't do too much too soon.
Yes I've been amazed and grateful for my lack of pain. My only real pain is in my back right shoulder blade in the middle of the night. I'm finding that Salonpas patches have been my friend.

My chest has little to no pain, even when I've been surprised by a sneeze. Weird. I've been doing about 60-90 minutes of walking (divided into three sessions) since just after week two. My longest walk so far was 45 minutes.

My sleep was really good for the first two weeks but now it's getting more interrupted by the back pain. I'm experimenting with different ways of tackling this.

All in all, I'm just grateful to be here and also grateful to read everyone else's experiences.

Latest posts

Back