My Edwards Pericardial Aortic Valve is now in the double digits! 10 years today....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I can't believe that 10 years ago, today I was being wheeled into the OR for AVR.

Time has flown by (a whole decade) and a lot has happened in my life since then with many other milestones. Life does continue after AVR. :)

The one constant in my life has been gratitude for so many things since my surgery. In particular, I will always be thankful for the kindness, compassion and words of wisdom members shared with me on this forum. When I joined, as a newbie I was scared and anxious.

Thank you to all of you who were there for me before, during and after surgery. Everyone's input is invaluable. I couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but is this a tissue valve? 10 years is a great amount of time! Here's to 10 more!

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a tissue valve? 10 years is a great amount of time! Here's to 10 more!
Yes, it is Freedbird. It's the Edwards Perimount Bovine Valve. Thanks for the well wishes and hoping to get 10 more. I have been living with higher than normal pressure gradients with this valve for many years. Touch wood, I beat the odds!

Many congratulations on your 10th anniversary.

Moo (my Edwards bovine pericardial valve) is about a year behind you. Next February will be my 9th anniversary, and we're doing fine, too. I'm hoping that the updated design of these valves actually lives up to the projections.

Many congratulations on your 10th anniversary.

Moo (my Edwards bovine pericardial valve) is about a year behind you. Next February will be my 9th anniversary, and we're doing fine, too. I'm hoping that the updated design of these valves actually lives up to the projections.
Thanks Steve! Here's to many more years with our valves for us!

Congratulations. After just 7 years, my Edwards bovine is showing severe stenosis. I have no idea why such a short time.

Congratulations. After just 7 years, my Edwards bovine is showing severe stenosis. I have no idea why such a short time.
Thanks Carol. I am sorry to hear this & wish I had an answer for you. I have been told the average lifespan means some of us will fall in the higher end and some the lower end of the spectrum to make the average. Wishing you peace moving forward.

Congratulations on the big 10 ottagal. Here's to many more years. My ninth aniversary is next week and I still can't get over how long ago and how recently it seem's all at the same time.

Thanks Carol. I am sorry to hear this & wish I had an answer for you. I have been told the average lifespan means some of us will fall in the higher end and some the lower end of the spectrum to make the average. Wishing you peace moving forward.
What will be, will be. Regardless, glad you have this milestone!

Latest posts

Back