My Bovine Valve......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkm7

When I woke this morning, immediately it popped into my head today is one year since my second OHS and when I received my replacement valve. Of course I am grateful and still amazed at the wonders our surgeons accomplish.

But my stomach went into the same anxiety pattern I felt one year ago. The head and body remember! I recognized that anxiety instantly as just what I experienced in the weeks leading up to that surgery.

I've calmed now and gotten on with my day but deep down I guess I will never fully accept I am now well and fixed...... does it always lurk in the deep recesses the trauma we experience? It is such a profound thing to undergo.

In any case, DH is a darling and seeing as we have snow predicted for early morning hours Sunday and possibly right through until Tuesday with potential for a foot or more, he insists we have a proper celebration of our 'new chance' tonight. :)

Thank you to everyone here. I learned so much here and felt a comfort knowing there were so many others in the world going through what I was. I didn't know many in my local community.

Wishing many happy, healthy valve-versaries to all.

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary! Wishing you many many more.

It's not uncommon for anniversaries of traumatic incidents to cause a sudden nervous reaction, although the devil of the moment is already far in the past.

Enjoy your day, enjoy what you've won with your surgery.

Best wishes,

Well, we never get snow in April, here (that is when my valversaries occur), but if I did have snow, I would be tempted to go out and make a snow angel to represent all the angels here and those seen and unseen who got me through my journey to a "new chance". :)

My first year was rather emotional. Now I'm approaching my 3rd year and hope that I even remember to take a moment and think about it!!!

Wishing you a wonderful celebration! Congratulations!!

As someone said, ;) Live Strong!!

Marguerite

Thank you everyone. This amazing community sure helped me get through when I most needed the help. Only those who have been where we go can truly understand.

Now..... 'Ya think just this once it might be okay to not eat Totally heart healthy? Maybe a little cheat/treat? :D

Happy first year anniversary, from my Bovine Valve to Yours:)

Enjoy the snow...to me,the first day of new snow has an element of
magic...I think it a blessing for you-Dina

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

We went to a wonderful, newly opened restaurant near our home. Had some nice wine and an excellent dinner. DH was so sweet and said all the right things. :) Life is good!!!
We had been out with friends the night before so it's been a great weekend.

Now it is snowing and I LOVE the idea about making a snow angel that Marguerite suggested. Some pretty special angels have watched over me through two OHS.

Latest posts

Back