Multivalvular disease-anyone else?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkvfuller

Several years ago I was found to have mitral valve regurgitation. When my last echocardiogram was done earlier this year, I have developed tricuspid regurgitation as well. Do any of you have more than one valve with a problem? If so, how is your doctor treating you? My regurgitation on both is considered mild. I do not have edema but have been more easily fatigued when doing regular chores and often feel short of breath. Strange as it may sound, at times when I am standing doing basically nothing it feels like the breath just leaves my lungs..weird. What are your symptoms or experiences? Thanks for any insight.

Ah, the mysterious breathing problems. I know that too well from getting enlarged heart while waiting for my second bypass. It happens when there is something going on with the heart, it affects your lungs and makes you more fatigued. When you see your cardio next what med or something be done about the fatigue. The lung compacity is connected to your heart valves condition. When you have bypass, the lungs and fatigue will get better over time. Not strange at all. Hope you are doing better.

Ah, the mysterious breathing problems. I know that too well from getting enlarged heart while waiting for my second bypass. It happens when there is something going on with the heart, it affects your lungs and makes you more fatigued. When you see your cardio next what med or something be done about the fatigue. The lung compacity is connected to your heart valves condition. When you have bypass, the lungs and fatigue will get better over time. Not strange at all. Hope you are doing better.
Thank you for the information. I cannot get the dr. to even do a heart cath as it is "too invasive". No telling what is going on in there, his theory is wait and see and every medical professional I have reached out to seems not to be concerned about the 2 regurgitating valves or increased pressure on right side when echo is done. I guess they know what they are doing. I did see a pulmonary dr. and she said the ct scan of chest was good, the pulmonary function test was good and she suggested I might have pulmonary hypertension and should have a right side heart cath. I am beyond confused, just know I am tired of being tired. I appreciate your insight and information. Take care and I hope you continue to be healthy.

Hi. I had my aortic valve replaced 10/years ago and then my tricuspid valve started leaking and is now severe. my mitral valve has a mild regurgitation. I will be getting a tricuspid repair and replace aortic valve in October. My only symptoms are swelling in abdominal area and tiredness walking up steps. I had no symptoms when the regurgitation was mild. Hope you feel better soon

Hi
I have severe mitral valve and aortic valve regurgitation. Both due to birth defects. Managed without even noticing until late 40s. But I’m still asymptomatic - no shortness of breath. Main thing I notice now is a reduced level of stamina. I had a CT scan and an angiogram but no issues found with coronary arteries.
For past three years I have an echo every 12 months and am told to call as soon as I start to get short of breath. Because I don’t want a mechanical valve, I face more than one round of surgery in my lifetime so had a second opinion about timing of surgery and was told to wait until I get short of breath. I do find that I feel tired if I stand in one place for too long, and I know my limits when carrying stuff. But long walks are no problem.
Not sure if any of this helps but feel free to ask me other questions.
Take care
Marco

Hi
I have severe mitral valve and aortic valve regurgitation. Both due to birth defects. Managed without even noticing until late 40s. But I’m still asymptomatic - no shortness of breath. Main thing I notice now is a reduced level of stamina. I had a CT scan and an angiogram but no issues found with coronary arteries.
For past three years I have an echo every 12 months and am told to call as soon as I start to get short of breath. Because I don’t want a mechanical valve, I face more than one round of surgery in my lifetime so had a second opinion about timing of surgery and was told to wait until I get short of breath. I do find that I feel tired if I stand in one place for too long, and I know my limits when carrying stuff. But long walks are no problem.
Not sure if any of this helps but feel free to ask me other questions.
Take care
Marc
Hi Marco,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I pray you continue to be healthy and can avoid surgery for as long as possible. It sounds like you have doctors watching out for you. Take care and be safe.

Thank you for the information. I cannot get the dr. to even do a heart Cath as it is "too invasive". No telling what is going on in there, his theory is wait and see and every medical professional I have reached out to seems not to be concerned about the 2 regurgitating valves or increased pressure on right side when echo is done. I guess they know what they are doing. I did see a pulmonary dr. and she said the ct scan of chest was good, the pulmonary function test was good and she suggested I might have pulmonary hypertension and should have a right side heart cath. I am beyond confused, just know I am tired of being tired. I appreciate your insight and information. Take care and I hope you continue to be healthy.
I can relate about the tired of being tired. Before my second bypass and St. Jude's' Aortic Valve, I did develop an enlarged heart and was so tired. Did not why, just so tired. It was hard to clean my little apartment at the time. Took two days sometimes. And then when I knew, I was tired of the wait for surgery.
But my recent adventure was a mystery for over 30 years. I have found out that I have edema in both legs and weeping edema. It can cause internal infection. I went to the doctor after suffering this last time with the weeping going on forever. We did an MRI and echo of the legs. I found out more answers this time than guesses. I we relieved and we will hopefully get me in to do a Cath procedure on the legs next month. I feel better knowing what it is, and is a pain sometimes, financially speaking.
I know we feel better knowing what it going on and it does wear one out when you do not know.
Hopefully you can talk to your Cardio and ask some questions and he/she is more willing to inform you of what is going on to clear up confusion. Some Doctors do not want to talk, cause we are being more proactive on our health. They need to get used to it. We all need to be proactive and ask questions.
Have a great day. Hugs for today.

I can relate about the tired of being tired. Before my second bypass and St. Jude's' Aortic Valve, I did develop an enlarged heart and was so tired. Did not why, just so tired. It was hard to clean my little apartment at the time. Took two days sometimes. And then when I knew, I was tired of the wait for surgery.
But my recent adventure was a mystery for over 30 years. I have found out that I have edema in both legs and weeping edema. It can cause internal infection. I went to the doctor after suffering this last time with the weeping going on forever. We did an MRI and echo of the legs. I found out more answers this time than guesses. I we relieved and we will hopefully get me in to do a Cath procedure on the legs next month. I feel better knowing what it is, and is a pain sometimes, financially speaking.
I know we feel better knowing what it going on and it does wear one out when you do not know.
Hopefully you can talk to your Cardio and ask some questions and he/she is more willing to inform you of what is going on to clear up confusion. Some Doctors do not want to talk, cause we are being more proactive on our health. They need to get used to it. We all need to be proactive and ask questions.
Have a great day. Hugs for today.
Thank you for sharing your story. I hope that you will be able to get the legs done and feel much better after that. It sounds like you have been through a lot and I hope that soon things will level out for you. I do need to be more proactive and appreciate the advice. Please take care and have a good evening. Hugs to you also.

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope that you will be able to get the legs done and feel much better after that. It sounds like you have been through a lot and I hope that soon things will level out for you. I do need to be more proactive and appreciate the advice. Please take care and have a good evening. Hugs to you also.
Sorry it took me a while to respond, been trying to keep the stress of the USA Presidential election way down low. I will not discuss it here. Just do not worry when you may not see me. I am now scheduled for the leg treatment for October, 30. At least I will be home for Halloween. LOL! I will keep everyone in the know as things progress. Glad to know it was a weeping edema. Now to get some walking done before it happens. Routine is the best medicine.

Latest posts

Back