MRI recommendations for my Knee and TopHat Carbonedics Heart valves!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeelover

Hi Valvers! I'm needing MRI this week or next to look at my knee pain. Does anyone with a TopHat Carbomedics Aortic Valve have experience with having a MRI? Thanks!!

I don't have your valve, but with a St. Jude my knee and neck MRIs were no problem. Tell them of your valve before hand.

I was given a Valve Implant card when i was in the hospital so I'll show that to the Ortho MD and the MRI tech if I need an MRI...I wonder if maybe the knee could get evaluated by ultrasound?....meanwhile I'll rest the knee. Gotta get healed up so I can SKI this winter!! Downhill skied last year and it was: SO. MUCH. FUN!!

I was given a Valve Implant card when i was in the hospital so I'll show that to the Ortho MD and the MRI tech if I need an MRI...I wonder if maybe the knee could get evaluated by ultrasound?....meanwhile I'll rest the knee. Gotta get healed up so I can SKI this winter!! Downhill skied last year and it was: SO. MUCH. FUN!!
its good to get data here, but contacting the maker is definitive.

I had pushback from the MRI provider when I had an MRI on my knee (trampoline incident, don't ask 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️) and they were best pacified by a letter (web page with url) from the maker.

best of luck on the procedure.

I'm gonna have to have an MRI soon (have an on-x valve) so am curious about fellow bionic heart vavlers' experience with MRIs (which led me here).

My valve is noted as being "MR conditional" and I was able to get the full MRI valve information from On-X (or whatever their new corporate name is now I 4get). So I have that for the MRI place but was just curious what folks' experience was. Am not anticipating any probs but you never know.

Am having the MRI to focus on my lower back due to some bad nerve issues last couple months which may or may not have anything to do with my spine but that is what the clueless Drs are going to look at next, anyways the focal point (if that is the correct verbiage to use with MRIs) is not my heart itself.....

I have a St Jude valve, and had a couple of MRIs with it. They have never even asked any questions about the valve, only my pacemaker. However, this is possibly because the hospitals where I have them already have my medical records, and so would have seen the valve info anyway.

Reactions: V__

Latest posts

Back