Moving to a plant based diet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything in moderation.

Okay, not everything. But a lot of things.

We only get one go round. I’d rather enjoy my time than worry about whether or not I was able to squeeze out the maximum amount of time.

Reactions: Amy
suprised that even within this group, with doctors and within various cardiac communities, that a whole foods low food plant based diet is still not the 1st line of defense and prevention for cardiac issues.
I could be wrong, but my feeling is that the vast majority of this forum’s users have congenital, not acquired, valve issues, that if not diagnosed at birth, were found later to have been there all along.

Does a plant-based diet prevent stenosis progression in congenitally diseased valves?

Are all CABG procedures the result of not eating healthily or exercising regularly?

I don’t know, & am too tired to look it up today. : )

Having said all that, I’ve been vegetarian for 15 years, then vegan, then plant-based - - and then they gave me a transfusion before my AVR because my iron/hematocrit/other blood levels were all low. Making me question my plant-basedness!! Damn. I mean, how many beets can one girl eat?

I could be wrong, but my feeling is that the vast majority of this forum’s users have congenital, not acquired, valve issues, that if not diagnosed at birth, were found later to have been there all along.

Does a plant-based diet prevent stenosis progression in congenitally diseased valves?

Are all CABG procedures the result of not eating healthily or exercising regularly?

I don’t know, & am too tired to look it up today. : )

Having said all that, I’ve been vegetarian for 15 years, then vegan, then plant-based - - and then they gave me a transfusion before my AVR because my iron/hematocrit/other blood levels were all low. Making me question my plant-basedness!! Damn. I mean, how many beets can one girl eat?
Correct on the congenital side of things or genetic that's why I updated my post

Probably not all, but after my CT scan to check whether I should get a CABG along with my AR, my cardiologist told me I should stick with my vegan diet, because I had zero blockage.

I had post-op anemia, but it got better on its own. I was vegetarian, not vegan, for a few months after surgery, then eventually went back to mostly vegan.

Latest posts

Back