Movin' & Groovin' January 17 - 22

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
MovinandGroovin.jpg

MovinPhoto11.jpg

It's time to record all your movin' and groovin'! Remember -- ANYTHING CAN COUNT!

If you have recently had surgery or other medical issues, walking around your house counts! If walking around your house is easy but it's difficult to walk for longer distances, walking around the mall counts! I am personally counting all the horsie hoof care I have been doing, because even though it doesn't sound like it's more difficult than an entire hour actually riding a horse, for me it is!

I'll go first. Exercise data is expressed in days:

Jumping lessons: 2
Longing baby horse: 2
Bathing school horse: 1
School horse hoof-care days: 2
Belly-Dance: 7 (!) (Don't expect THAT to last after I teach my master class next week!)
Stretching: 7

Looking at my journal for the past week, I have had walks every day except Inauguration Day, which was very cold -- did exercise bike while watching some of it.

Most other days had about a 1 mile walk with Superdawg near a railroad overpass on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Plus some indoor x-biking.

Yesterday, we really stretched it out on a beautiful trail that goes by a lake and is surrounded by mountains. Saw ducks and geese in landing patterns, and white-tailed deer bounding by us. We did close to 3 miles, and the good news is that my surgically repaired knee held up fine.

Today, a beautiful and surprisingly warm day for January, we are going to do another hike with Nature -- at least a few miles.

Well I finally got truly fed up with myself and began walking in earnest.
Monday - 4 miles
Wed. - 3 miles
Thurs - 3 miles

I will try to walk everyday next week. No promises. I'm catching a cold and feeling a little tight in my head and chest:(

Well lets see...
I walked a couple miles only 2 days this week
I danced for an hour or two twice this week
I only did my 15/20 minute exercise routine about 3 times this week.
I guess its not too bad since I have been a little SOB lately,hopefully
it'll go away.

PGM--must be fun to work with the foals,If I lived close I would be
offering you assistance. Just love horses..well I am from Ky.

SB- wish I had an indoor bike. I heard that there was a way you could
rig a riding bike to work as a stationary...but the mechanics are beyond
me and I don't have the room for an exercise bike too.

Not a lot to report but since every little bit counts. I did one hour of pilates, 3 hours of chasing my 3 year old grandson and one hour of walking.

Want to do better next week.

I lifted one day this week and rode my bike 3 days. Total mileage was 106. Today's ride included two tough glute and quad BURNING climbs. I also saw a fox and a heron, oh, and some mules. By the way, I don't have any kids or grand kids, but I've seen others chasing theirs and it's a workout! What ever you do, the more you MOVE the more you GROOVE.

Back