Movin' & Groovin' is movin' to Throwdowns!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponygirlmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
MovinandGroovin.jpg

MovinPhoto05.gif

Once the various throwdowns left "Active Lifestyles," participation in Movin' & Groovin' really dropped off. I deliberately took a break from it for a few weeks, and no one seemed to miss it! So I'm moving it here. Our activities may not be easy to quantify, but I still want to challenge everyone to do them!

I'll start up officially next Friday; for now I'll report what I've been doing, and I hope others will do the same.

With all the rain we've been having, the barn has been underwater a lot. Bad for riding, but good for skating! My husband took a lot of vacation over the holidays. I joined his inline speed-team practice last week, and on Friday we went ice skating! I haven't been since I was ten, and he's never been on ice. I'm going to speed practice again this morning.

Everyone check in!

No, not entirely true,I did look for it...BUT I have had the flu and
a relapse of it...so I haven't moved at all,let alone grooved.
Hopefully tomorrow I will atleast start moving again,I have been
so inactive that I should probably be on ACT just to prevent
my blood from totally gel-ing up:eek:

The Skating sounds like fun,though I was never too good at it
since I have 'double-jointed' ankles. I even had to quit toe(ballet)
because of it. But others do seem to find me amusing on ice skates.
Dina

Last edited:
My apologies. I have been checking in and enjoying reading the activities of members, but I did not always post as mine were BORING. I did not do much more than just walking and the rehab exercise and have not been feeling well for a few weeks, so I had nothing to report.

Will do check it, hoping 2009 will bring more activities:)

63 miles on the bike. Would have been more as yesterday was supposed to be 50. A funny thing happened 8 miles into the ride. 2 of my fellow cyclists overlapped wheels and shredded each other's spokes. I had to ride back to my car and then shuttle these two guys, one at a time, to a local bike shop. No one was hurt fortunately, but instead of burning calories I burned a beautiful afternoon and a lot of gasoline. While I'm sharing drama stories, two days ago, one of our dachshunds got into my wife's closet and tore into a box of chocolates she was hiding from me.....he ate over 1 lbs of the stuff (I would have done likewise if I'd found them first). After a $372 vet bill, he's doing just great.

Hey Ponygirl - I have a brother who skates (inline) competitively. That's a pretty small world. I wonder if they've been to some of the same races. He lives in Chicago, but travels a fair amount for races.

Well I'll just have to confess. I have looked for the movin and grovin but I haven't missed it because I couldn't possibly have anything to report. Good new is I start pilates again Tuesday and hopefully my walking as well.

If you start the thread I promise to report.

My apologies. I have been checking in and enjoying reading the activities of members, but I did not always post as mine were BORING.

Okay, this is not a competition to post the most unusual activities! And what is "interesting" and "boring" anyway?

I did not do much more than just walking and the rehab exercise and have not been feeling well for a few weeks, so I had nothing to report.

Walking and rehab exercises are exactly the sort of things you should post!

Hey Ponygirl - I have a brother who skates (inline) competitively. That's a pretty small world. I wonder if they've been to some of the same races. He lives in Chicago, but travels a fair amount for races.

Has your brother ever competed in California? In our region, most of the teams are in California, with three teams here in Arizona and one in Vegas. This year ALL of the races are in California.

I'll bet he doesn't come west, though. The east coast has the strongest skaters, so if someone from the midwest wanted to travel to compete, they would probably head east. Although maybe he wanted to combine a race with a cool vacation.

Glad you're cranking this up again, ponygirlmom, and I love your graphics! Just the reminder I need that I need to get moving again -- and not just from the fridge to the dining room table. :D

It is a beautiful day in the Blue Ridge so I am going to take the Superdawg on a good walk right now, with some hills thrown in (maybe a mountain before long). Will report officially when you invite the next round of posts.....

Cheers....

Back