Mom is doing well!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie1234

New York, NY (my mom lives on Long Island).
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking forward to writing this post for a long time (all my other ones have been worried/complaining ones): My mom is really doing well!

She had her surgery on 7/30, had some complications, pericarditis, Dressler's syndrome, fluid, a-fib and was feeling pretty down. But she started Cardiac Rehab two weeks ago and started taking Zoloft (50 mg) and she is really doing much better!

She even went out to a party on Saturday night and DANCED! and she didn't even get short of breath! I am so excited and relieved and happy for her. I know it is still a long road ahead, but she is really moving along. Thanks so much to everyone here for all of the incredible support.

Lots of love and thanks,
Katie

Reading this put a big, huge, lump in my throat and tears in my eyes! Prayers answered. Wonderful news! Dancing - no kidding??????:eek:

Hugs to you and your Mom - what troupers you both are! I wish her continued improvement and much joy in this holiday season.

Katie

Katie

I haven't been a member for long, and don't remember your mother's struggles, but it is good that she is doing well now - I always like happy endings !

Take care of her and of yourself, and enjoy !

katie1234 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking forward to writing this post for a long time (all my other ones have been worried/complaining ones): My mom is really doing well!

She had her surgery on 7/30, had some complications, pericarditis, Dressler's syndrome, fluid, a-fib and was feeling pretty down. But she started Cardiac Rehab two weeks ago and started taking Zoloft (50 mg) and she is really doing much better!

She even went out to a party on Saturday night and DANCED! and she didn't even get short of breath! I am so excited and relieved and happy for her. I know it is still a long road ahead, but she is really moving along. Thanks so much to everyone here for all of the incredible support.

Lots of love and thanks,
Katie

Katie,
This post is a wonderful day- brightner.:)
Your mom has proven that although the road to recovery sometimes is long and convoluted, it is worthwhile journey to undertake.
Thank you for letting us know.:)

Very nice to read, Katie; thanks for the happy update about your mother.

Karlynn said:
Reading this put a big, huge, lump in my throat and tears in my eyes! Prayers answered. Wonderful news! Dancing - no kidding??????:eek:

Karlynn took the words right out of month. BUT Dancing???? All the power to your mom. "You go Girl"

This is truly fantastic news.

It is so very nice to hear such updates. Surviving surgery is important but so is living after recovery.

Dance away Mom.

So glad to read this Katie-love the thought of your mother dancing the night away! :D

Victory!

Victory!

Katie, What truly wonderful news! I send my congratulations on the victory! She is out of the darkness now! Yahoo! I hope she is proud of herself! All the best, Brian

Katie, so glad to hear the good news....I've thinking about you and your Mom and I am so glad that she is feeling better and ready to paint Manhattan red:D Enjoy the Holidays, what a gift!

Hi Katie.

That's great news! I've been following your mom's progress through your posts and have hoped for a positive outcome. I'm glad to see she is doing better and celebrating life!

Here's to many more dances......Jennie

Thanks so much for posting Katie. I have been checking regularly for news about her recovery and this has made my day. You sound like a wonderful daughter. I'll bet you're her rock!

Best to you both, Barbara

Latest posts

Back