Mobile Apps for INR monitoring and Warfarin Reminders

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Dick
dick0236;n867196 said:
Be careful about information overload.......a couple of Excel spreadsheets(BP and INR) to track my trends has worked well for me....and my docs.

Peace!

Been working well for me too.
Also spread sheets are inherently more flexible, and mine.

I own the data.

Think about that, I have spreadsheet data going back to 1991 : where will that data be when you entrust it to someone else in 5 years?

My health is mine long term.

Lastly from my spreadsheets I can do secondary analysis. With an app you are just a passive reader of the data (and how it's presented)

As to pull reminders , I fail to see the point, every phone I have had in the last ten years allows me to set multiple alarms, named even.

Phone clutter won't bring knowledge to your table,.

But thanks for compiling that list. I know that takes time. So while it's not my bag. Thanks for the efforts

I am getting the Roche coaguchek xs directly from Roche. I will have to monitor every two weeks but I will own the machine and the test strips are cheaper than alere. I will be using the mPoc app

When I first started taking warfarin, there was talk about Vitamin E lowering the INR. I got pill packets and removed the Vitamin E capsules. Later, I realized that Vitamin E's effects were minimal, and the benefits outweighed the possible risk of a slightly lower INR.

Vitamin K does more for you than just lowering your INR. There are other reasons why you should consider taking it -- if you take the same dose, consistently, you can adjust your warfarin dosage to compensate for any lowering of your INR that the Vitamin K causes.

Rather than skip Vitamin K completely, you should consider taking a consistent dose and adjusting your warfarin.

If you have any doubts about this, feel free to check with your doctor.

Latest posts

Back