Mitral Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinemc

I just found out last week about the irregular heartbeat. It is the Mitral Valve and it has a little calcification going on. The Cardio Nurse said they will keep an eye on it. Nothing more was said. I am not worried. Just hoping no surgery. But will take it one day at a time.

Report update, the cardio nurse said they would keep an eye on the Mitral Valve. I am experiencing Neuropathy in the left foot toes and feels like paper crunching under the toes. Been this way for a few months. But hope that someday it will go away. And on my diabetes, changes dosage on my Metformin ER from 1000 to 2000 a day. Insulin of Lantus and now on Trulicity. Have lost weight 30 to 35 pounds and will be doing more walking in the spring, wind it warms up.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Try to find a way to walk in cold weather even if you have to walk indoors. I have been down your path with Mitral Valve issues as well as popping Metformin ER. Stay well!

I am trying to get into upper strength training and walking indoors, walking in place. On the diabetes, had to add the insulin and on Trulicity. At least the BG is doing better than the weight, but it will be better soon too. :)

If they suggest repair surgery don't be afraid I just had my one year anniversary for ring surgery in and out in a week, recovery was pretty easy did lots of walking, and this site helped me alot answered alot of questions

Report update, the cardio nurse said they would keep an eye on the Mitral Valve. I am experiencing Neuropathy in the left foot toes and feels like paper crunching under the toes. Been this way for a few months. But hope that someday it will go away. And on my diabetes, changes dosage on my Metformin ER from 1000 to 2000 a day. Insulin of Lantus and now on Trulicity. Have lost weight 30 to 35 pounds and will be doing more walking in the spring, wind it warms up.

It sounds like you're navigating a lot of health changes, and it's great to hear that you're staying proactive and working closely with your cardio nurse. Neuropathy can be tough to deal with, but your positive outlook is admirable. Congratulations on the weight loss and best of luck with your increased walking

Back