Mitral valve surgery in 5 days

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and a smooth recovery.

Welcome to the forum!

Mitral valve surgery in 5 days! Many different emotions - thankful, anxious, etc.
wishing you a text book surgery and an uneventful recovery

1664766406910.png

you'll be fine.

PS always eat dessert first when in recovery ... you never know what will happen. Don't cough and don't watch comedy on TV ;-)

Hello, are you having your valve repaired or replaced, I had mitral valve ring repair surgery
Sept 28 last year, once you get in there it happens so fast the next thing you know your in Icu,recovering
No need to stress what ever surgery you have you will feel better after good luck!!!!!! start walking as soon as you can it's like therapy for the mind that was my favorite part of recovery

Mitral valve repair is really remarkable surgery. It definitely requires some months for recovery, but afterward it's as though nothing ever happened (except for the scar). Before my surgery I asked my surgeon if I would feel normal again afterward. He said yes, and I wasn't sure whether I believed him, but he was right.

Yep, I have a scar on the side of my chest about 3-4" that was for the tubes that drained my chest and a couple of puncture marks from the tool and camera

Mitral valve repair is really remarkable surgery. It definitely requires some months for recovery, but afterward it's as though nothing ever happened (except for the scar). Before my surgery I asked my surgeon if I would feel normal again afterward. He said yes, and I wasn't sure whether I believed him, but he was right.
When you say normal ? I will need a replacement at some point , not a candidate for repair :( what was your major complaint prior .. thank you

Latest posts

Back