MItral Valve Repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This week we seen her Dr and we mention the Metropolol as to the Bisoprolol and he took her off the metropolol until her next visit. I was not to happy with just stopping meds. Will see him today because he wants me to take a p.e.t. scan , it will take place at Cedars a 2 pm. Boy as we get old it seems as if were at Dr's office all the time. Take care and will keep you up to date on results.

Thomas - I'm on atenolol 2.5 mg. However, I've temporarily discontinued it (per my doctor) because it caused my heart rate to plummet. This is probably an issue only with me, but it may be worth discussing with your doctor. Also, in my case, the combination of Verapamil and Atenolol could have caused the heart rate to drop.

Thomas - I'm on atenolol 2.5 mg. However, I've temporarily discontinued it (per my doctor) because it caused my heart rate to plummet. This is probably an issue only with me, but it may be worth discussing with your doctor. Also, in my case, the combination of Verapamil and Atenolol could have caused the heart rate to drop.
Thanks so much for the response. I will bring up the med. and the caution.

Well when to get pet scan yesterday, after driving 45 miles to get there the tec's hooked me up with a ekg and set me up to put the solution in my arm. They put me on the slide that goes in the scan but with my back problems,ankolosis spondylitis I can't stay on my back for a long time. The tec told me half hour without any movement. That only worked for about ten minutes and I said forget it. It was not just lying on my back but arms over your head, if you ever had a bad back you know just how hard this is to do. So they told me they would set up other test. hope this works out. AL

I had my mitral valve repair in Feb 2007 so my repair has held up 13 years. I had found a surgeon in DFW who was known for doing port access or minimally invasive heart valve surgery, Dr William Ryan. Dr Ryan told me there it was unknown how long a repair would last but his experience was he would usually end up doing a second surgery after a repair. My sister also had a repair with Dr Ryan in June of 2007 and her valve is holding up great. Mine seems to be wearing over time and I'm anticipating another surgery in my future.

Latest posts

Back