Mitral Valve REPAIR!!! (Done)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Angelhnter

Hi all,

Kevin is DONE! We are so thrilled because all our prayers have been answered. We feel so blessed that he is out of surgery and OK! He had the valve repaired and is doing well. He is in ICU on the intubator. The nurses sent us home to get some rest and told us to get there in the morning when they would remove his intubator. They did say they might remove it sometime tonight even. So, we'll see. Hopefully we'll be in a recovery room by tomorrow evening and he will be on his way to recovery.

Thanks for all your love and support! You guys have been GREAT!
Oh and thanks for warning me of what he would look like! It was not a "pretty" sight and you guys helped me with what to expect.

Off to rest...

Love,

Hi Aimee-

That's terrific news!. So good to be on the other side, isn't it? It's wonderful that the valve could be repaired.

Here's to many, many, many years of good health for Kevin.

Hi Aimee

Glad Kevin is doing well! What a load off I know...

Great that they could repair his Mitral Valve. No Coumadin for Kevin, yeah! Most of us have not been that fortunate.

Give him our best.

Take care

Glad all went well. Best wishes for a good recovery.
Make sure he doesn't over do it for the first few days.

:p Judy

hi aimee!
what great news! the worst is over... now it's just recovery. i'm so glad to hear kevin is doing well and you sound good too. thank you for keeping us up to date.
God bless and be well, the both of you!
-sylvia

mitral valve repair

mitral valve repair

Hi Aimee,
Glad to hear the surgery went ok. I'm having the same thing done at CC next week. One week and counting.

Brad. ;)

Brad,

I'll be praying for you! I'm sure you will do GREAT! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how you are doing after surgery, when you can. Good Luck and well wishes!

Hugs!

Hey Aimee

Hey Aimee

Delighted to hear that Kevin has come through surgery and is on the road to recovery ...it must have been a worrying time for you ...hope you manage to get some sleep now .....please send Kevin my best wishes for a speedy recovery ...take care of yourselves ...both of you .
Scottie

Welcome to this side of the mountain, Kev. Aimee, I know it's been an anxious ordeal for you both but it finally is over and YOU CLIMBED THAT MOUNTAIN!! And here you are in a whole new world for both of you. The new part begins now and when he goes home, you will work together to make him strong again. God bless:D

Kev and Aimee
Marvelous news!! Congrats on that climb! The very best to you both. I promise it will be just a memory before you know it.
mindy

Great news! Welcome to veteran status!

As for the post-operative "uglies," I've decided to call my scar a "badge of honor" because I can't think of any other way to beautify the doggone thing. Other than that, I am surprised by the number of people who tell me that my color is so much better than it has been in a long time. Apparently going from less than 0.6 cm2 opening up to whatever normal is not only left me feeling like I was running on ethyl but put a lot of color in my cheeks.

Peter

Back